What's new

Heavyocity Forzo Modern Brass

I'm not really too concerned about lacking legato for this type of library as it's more geared for sound design.
Truth told I would probably use other brass libraries which shine for legato like 12 horns from Cinebrass, etc...and use this for layering and from what I can tell some pretty awesome nasty low end. The traditional still sounds fantastic but the Hybrid Brass Designer & Loop Designer...wow.

Anyone get this to download and install?
All of the parts download on my PC but when it tries to install, it keeps looping back trying to re-download part15rar. It's stuck in a loop. I contacted Heavyocity and they said to reset Continuata, which I did but no help. Tried deleting everything and starting over but it gets stuck in the same loop.
Plan B was to try all of the above on my Mac but again it gets stuck in the same loop.
Very strange...;)

Now that would make me more interested.....

Unfortunately i doubt they will confirm that before the intro offer ends so its a risk.

Probably not unfortunately... There's usually a few months before they release a pack. The cool thing is that (at least so far), you don't need the full library to buy the pack, whenever they release it you could just buy that if you didn't want the main library.

Anyone get this to download and install?
All of the parts download on my PC but when it tries to install, it keeps looping back trying to re-download part15rar. It's stuck in a loop. I contacted Heavyocity and they said to reset Continuata, which I did but no help. Tried deleting everything and starting over but it gets stuck in the same loop.
Plan B was to try all of the above on my Mac but again it gets stuck in the same loop.
Very strange...;)
Maybe try uninstalling Contiuata and rebooting? If not there are probably some temp files you can delete.

Not on Windows so don't know where they'd be, but on mac maybe try this folder: Username/Library/Connect and look for the number you were emailed. In my folder I see two files, an .xml and an xml.backup...
(Probably a good idea to copy the folder to your desktop 1st before deleting anything, and probably a good idea to not have Kontakt open...)

Maybe try uninstalling Contiuata and rebooting? If not there are probably some temp files you can delete.

Not on Windows so don't know where they'd be, but on mac maybe try this folder: Username/Library/Connect and look for the number you were emailed. In my folder I see two files, an .xml and an xml.backup...
(Probably a good idea to copy the folder to your desktop 1st before deleting anything, and obviously not have Kontakt open...)
I'll give that I try, thanks for the heads up.

+1, and please allow me to recommend Ohmicide for use with orchestral instruments. It's a weird little workflow, but you can get all kinds of killer harmonic stuff out of that effect. I like Saturn, too, but Ohmicide is number one for me.

It's also not bad at all for that despicable, diseased death metal guitar sound that we all know and love here.

;)
Does Ohmicide ever go one sale?

Does Ohmicide ever go one sale?

HOLY...I got mine from Amazon Prime for 35 bucks US (free shipping) a few years ago. As good as Ohmicide is, I'm not sure I'd pay that much for a distortion effect, particularly one that requires high powered goggles in order to manipulate the gui knobs.

Though it's certainly a better deal than Saturn...Mike, I would definitely wait for a sale (not sure when they are).

You bet! Hope it works...
With Heavyocity's assistance it appears that there was an issue with .rar files 14, 15, and 16 so I deleted those, reset and re-ran the installer which fixed the problem on both my Mac and PC so it's all good. Sometimes there are days when I just want to roll everything back to a Ticonderoga #2 and just get on with it. :sleep:

Argh...so the supposedly intriguing offer for NOVO users is actually the amount one saves off what will be the list price at some point, not the current price....meaning only a $50 saving and not what was implied in the email. Perhaps that should be made clearer? In any case, even at $349 it's still too pricey for my slender wallet right now. and besides I already have an abundance of brass libraries, even if they can't do some of things Forzo does. Carry on and enjoy! :)

Hey Frank,

Yeah, kinda awkward how they're doing this.
On the front page of their website it sez 'sign in and register your NOVO serial to see your coupon code. The email to NOVO owners gives a coupon code but that only seems to get it down to $349 - like you noticed.
It's a little scary to click on the order button if it's going to take my $349. I'll happily give them $199 for it as their email states - but $349 is too steep.

How are people getting this $200 off. Anybody done this yet? Care to share?

Hey Frank,

Yeah, kinda awkward how they're doing this.
On the front page of their website it sez 'sign in and register your NOVO serial to see your coupon code. The email to NOVO owners gives a coupon code but that only seems to get it down to $349 - like you noticed.
It's a little scary to click on the order button if it's going to take my $349. I'll happily give them $199 for it as their email states - but $349 is too steep.

How are people getting this $200 off. Anybody done this yet? Care to share?

My email says as a Novo owner you qualify for a 200 discount for a limited time. I dont see what's confusing about that as it shows 549 crossed out, bringing the price to 349.

Last edited:
Hey all! Sorry if this was confusing. The price for NOVO owners is $200 off the MSRP (NOVO owner price = $349, MSRP = $549). The current LTO price is $399, and with a registered NOVO serial in your account, you receive a coupon for the additional $50 off. That's the same coupon code that NOVO owners received via email as well. Hope that helps clarify, and sorry again if this was confusing-

My email says as a Novo owner you qualify for a 200 discount for a limited time. I dont see what's confusing about that as it shows 549 crossed out, bringing the price to 349.
Well sorry, but some people did find it confusing as there was no mention of the MSRP price or anything crossed out in the email I received. Maybe you received a different message? What mine states is: "And because you're a NOVO OWNER, you're eligible to receive an exclusive $200 discount off FORZO for a Limited Time. Simply use the following Coupon Code at checkout to get the deal. Offer ends September 3:" The offer that ends on September 3 is the $399 price not the MSRP. That's why the confusion. Anyway, I did figure it out eventually.

Regardless, Heavyocity has now kindly clarified (see above) and that's good enough for me. And since I already have most of their products and they are excellent, I would have no hesitation in recommending that people consider Forzo as well. Cheers!

I will wait to hear more user feedback, more demos, and maybe reviews before purchasing this, I already have NOVO Strings, so this might be a nice addition.

Also Cinematic Studio Brass might be released soon, which I plan to purchase, although I don't think it will offer the unique sound design features that Frozo Modern Brass offers, which still makes Frozo a useful library to have. I also like the brassy-bite that I hear from Frozo's Traditional Brass patches, very well suited for action, fast tempo tracks.

I'll have to politely disagree with you on that point. Being a long time user and lover of Heavyocity, I appreciate their innovative and unique approach to musical sound design almost as much as I love the high quality SOUND their products always have. I can tell you the "Heavyocity sound" is not achieved by simply throwing a few plugins on a sample.

Crack open one of their instruments and look at the tweakability - there's more processing power, fx manipulation, sequencing options and macro possibilities than anything else on the market. And that's just the software side. API mixing desks, Bricasti reverbs...outboard gear that rivals any commercial studio is heard on all their releases. Not to mention the always-amazing-quality of the sources they use. Pro studios. Pro musicians. Pro instruments. I cannot stress the importance of these three factors.

And you can hear the difference. Their instruments are first call on my list of sounds - hands down the best in the business at what they do. So I'm obviously a fan...but for good reason!

I don't have any doubt about your sincerity here, but it's obviously a biased opinion.

Top Bottom