What's new

Heavyocity Forzo Modern Brass

I'm conflicted because I'm still holding out for Cinematic Studio Brass and obviously have no idea how it would compare with other libraries yet

This akin to comparing NOVO to CSS - you just can't. CSS is one of the best traditional string libraries out there, wheras NOVO sounds more modern with a real edge to the sound, plus endless sound design possibilities. They are two completely different libraries that satisfy very different niches, and you should easily be able to identify which would contribute more to your own music.

This akin to comparing NOVO to CSS - you just can't. CSS is one of the best traditional string libraries out there, wheras NOVO sounds more modern with a real edge to the sound, plus endless sound design possibilities. They are two completely different libraries that satisfy very different niches, and you should easily be able to identify which would contribute more to your own music.

Ah I'm actually not familar with NOVO, looking into it right now and the evolved stuff looks interesting!
I previously thought I would have modern brass covered with Met Ark and the upcoming CSB but maybe I was wrong about that

Sounds interesting... Not sure how these gnarly brass sounds are going to blend with Novo's more delicate string textures.

Doesn't this library just sound like brass with a lot of reverb slathered on? So many excellent and powerful brass libraries already out there. It's really not tough to throw on a few plug-ins and torture the sound a little, or a lot.

Also, those wonderful Soundiron guys are prepping for an entire Hyperion series, including brass.

I'm conflicted because I'm still holding out for Cinematic Studio Brass and obviously have no idea how it would compare with other libraries yet

One of these things is not like the other, me thinks. One is a brass library and one is the devil on a megaphone. (i'll let you decide which is which) :)

latest

Doesn't this library just sound like brass with a lot of reverb slathered on? So many excellent and powerful brass libraries already out there. It's really not tough to throw on a few plug-ins and torture the sound a little, or a lot.

Again, as others posted, Novo isn't your typical string library... (That said if you want traditional than Novo most likely isn't your cup of tea...) If however, you like Brass focused on sound design outside of the sphere of what you'd typically expect in a brass library, (totally guessing here...), then there's a pretty good chance it's a solid library...

That said pretty confident there's no need to guess... Heavyocity historically isn't one to put out your bog standard sample library.

Top Bottom