What's new

Heavyocity Flash sale

MillsMixx

Production Director/Sound Designer
Scoring Guitars 1 vs. Scoring Guitars 2.
I have 1.
Does anyone have both that can offer an opinion/comparison?
Wondering if 2 is any better, or different/unique enough or is it just more of the same?

Sibelius19

Music is just color and rhythm --Debussy
I don't own Gravity but I have been underwhelmed by the demos. It seems others who own it are underwhelmed as well. But I'm sure it's one of those things where it just depends on if you need it or if you get use out of the type of sounds it contains.

Last edited:

dzilizzi

I just hang around pretending I know something
I always thought Gravity was the one to get, but now it seems there are better things.

Grizzlymv

Scoring Guitars 1 vs. Scoring Guitars 2.
I have 1.
Does anyone have both that can offer an opinion/comparison?
Wondering if 2 is any better, or different/unique enough or is it just more of the same?
I just got 2. Been a fan of 1 for a while. At first glance, they close but different. I feel they complete each other. For instance, 1 covers A and E minor, while 2 cover D and G minor. And there's a few extra patches in 2. I also prefer the pads in 2 for some reasons. I'm glad I picked up. It feels more complete. But this is just a quick opinion made with not even an hour of playtime with the #2. ;)

Mornats

Vocalise 2 is today's deal (not advertised yet but it's on the sale page). Tempted as a use Vocalise 1 a fair bit. Any issues with 2 I'd need to know about?

Michel Simons

A shame it's only Gravity-related stuff since I have all of that already (apart from Gravity itself). I cannot remember any specific differences or issues with Vocalise 2 compared to 1, but that could be just me not having used it that much. That has nothing to do with the quality of these instruments, but more with my motivation to work on music in general.

Mornats

Well, I got it. I was sold on the demos and videos showcasing the rhythmic shorts. I can find a good use for those in some upcoming ideas I've got. The textures are quite nice too.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
I just got 2. Been a fan of 1 for a while. At first glance, they close but different. I feel they complete each other. For instance, 1 covers A and E minor, while 2 cover D and G minor. And there's a few extra patches in 2. I also prefer the pads in 2 for some reasons. I'm glad I picked up. It feels more complete. But this is just a quick opinion made with not even an hour of playtime with the #2. ;)
Cool and helpful info. Much more comfortable now going ahead with SG 2 !
Many thanks! :thumbsup:

dzilizzi

I just hang around pretending I know something
how do you like scoring guitars 2?
Let me preface this with I don't have Omnisphere, which I know you do. I kind of like all the guitar and ambient sounds. They have a lot of duplicate presets - 1, 2, 3. I'm not quite sure what the differences are. It is easy to manipulate the sounds and they have "Punish" (which is a louder/distorter thing) along with reverbs, delays, choruses and distortion. But different distortion. and pulses. lots of pulsing sounds. There are also short guitar phrases that go well together and you could build a solo from it. Plus they have the same phrases in reverse. The guitar is a clear electric at the base, but easily turned into an over-driven distorted monster, heavy metal sound.

I like it and I can see using it when I listen to it. But other than the phrases, you could probably do most of the ambient stuff with Omnisphere. I don't think I would pay full price, but I may pick up the other one when it is on sale.

Grizzlymv

anybody who have Vocalise and Vocalise 2 would mind to comment on the comparisons? I'm really not interrested in the Pedals stuff (na-na-na-na-na...). The main attraction to me is the fact Vocalise 2 is tempo sync ( I had issues with Vocalise 1 with it not being tempo sync), and I do like the sound of the voices, but the emphasis seems to be big on the Pedals stuff so I'm not sure about the rest (if there's enough, and how much would overlap with Vocalise 1). I guess I wish they would release an update to Vocalise to have it tempo sync which would be perfect. ;) Anyway, thx in advance.

whiskers

Perpetual student
anybody who have Vocalise and Vocalise 2 would mind to comment on the comparisons? I'm really not interrested in the Pedals stuff (na-na-na-na-na...). The main attraction to me is the fact Vocalise 2 is tempo sync ( I had issues with Vocalise 1 with it not being tempo sync), and I do like the sound of the voices, but the emphasis seems to be big on the Pedals stuff so I'm not sure about the rest (if there's enough, and how much would overlap with Vocalise 1). I guess I wish they would release an update to Vocalise to have it tempo sync which would be perfect. ;) Anyway, thx in advance.
Curious on this as well. Less interested in pedal/rhythmic use and wondering how it is for other stuff (e.g. general legato type stuff)

Lukas Vokrinek

Music Hobbyist
My understanding based on the demos is that the timbre of the singer in Vocalise 2 is brighter, and Vocalise seems to offer enough variety, so I am less inclined to get Vocalise 2. Seems to me the difference is not as stark as between SG and SG2, though the latter also seems to put more emphasis on pedal / rhythmic stuff.
I don't own either of the Gravity packs yet, but based on the demos and general feedback I intend to get Vocalise, SG and SG2 and skip Vocalise 2 and NF for now.

whiskers

Perpetual student
well i bit on Vocalise 2. Been happy with Intimate Textures, so will be interested to see how this is, almost picked it up on black Friday. Still not sure how I feel about NOVO essentials, but haven't had much time to play with it recently.

Top Bottom