What's new

Headphone Calibration plugin comparison ( DSONIQ , Sonarworks , Plugin Alliance , etc.... )

Which is your preferred Headphone Calibration plugin

• Plugin Alliance — PA Dear Reality dearVR MONITOR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Acustica — Sienna

• Audified — MixChecker Pro

• BlueCat's — Re-Head

• IMMERSE — All Virtual Studio

• Total voters

faina33

Hey there everyone )
would love to know if anyone had experience with Headphone Calibration plugins and how they compare with each other ?

many thanks 🙂

gamma-ut

VSX isn’t just a plug-in though: you have to buy the physical headphones to use it. The others you can use with more or less any headphones, though you might have to pick from a subset of what‘s available if you want premade calibration curves.

ALittleNightMusic

Former Member
VSX isn’t just a plug-in though: you have to buy the physical headphones to use it. The others you can use with more or less any headphones, though you might have to pick from a subset of what‘s available if you want premade calibration curves.
And that’s why VSX is so much better.

OP
F

faina33

How are you going to ignore the market leader and best one by far, Slate VSX.
I never heard of them. indeed look very promising but sadly much more expensive in comparison to competitors because of headphones (

I already have maybe not the top but good pair of headphones audio technica ath-m50x so I would prefer collaborate solution.
Slate VSX added to POLL :)

kgdrum

Greetings
I will suggest there’s a choice in the poll for people that don’t use these types of headphone calibration plug-ins to keep the poll somewhat balanced.
☑️ none

el-bo

When life gives you lemons, swap 'em for mangos
Here are six more plugins that you could consider adding to the poll:
Acustica - Sienna
Audified - MixChecker Pro
Goodhertz - CanOpener Studio
Waves - NX
Waves - NX Ocean Way Nashville
Waves - CLA NX
I don't think that MixChecker Pro or CanOpeer would fall int the category of correction. I'm pretty sure that they are used to simulate speakers (MXP emulates other output devices, also), but they don't impart any frequency correction on the headphones.

Also, only the main NX and NX Ocean Way seem to do calibration. It's not yet a feature of CLA NX. And even in the case of the first two, there's only a very short list of headphone correction curves (At the time of writing, there seems to be only 12).

Gaffable

I don't think that MixChecker Pro or CanOpeer would fall int the category of correction.
I agree with you. I included them only because the author of the thread listed dearVR MONITOR in the poll. I don't have dearVR MONITOR but my understanding is that it doesn't do headphone calibration, it only offers speaker emulation.

el-bo

When life gives you lemons, swap 'em for mangos
I agree with you. I included them only because the author of the thread listed dearVR MONITOR in the poll. I don't have dearVR MONITOR but my understanding is that it doesn't do headphone calibration, it only offers speaker emulation.
Gotcha! I missed that they'd included it.

I guess it's up to the OP to clarify the parameters :2thumbs:

Gaffable

What do those plugin do other than just applying EQ?
It depends on the plugin, but each plugin does one or more of the following:

(1) Calibration - the use of EQ to make the frequency response of your headphones as flat as possible;

(2) Emulation - the use of EQ to simulate the sound of your mix in a variety of different listening environments;

(3) Manipulation of the stereo field - music tends to sound wider on headphones compared to stereo speakers and some of these plugins attempt to compensate for that problem;

(4) Head tracking - an attempt to create a more immersive audio experience by simulating changes to your mix as you move your head from left to right.

OP
F

faina33

I don't think that MixChecker Pro or CanOpeer would fall int the category of correction. I'm pretty sure that they are used to simulate speakers (MXP emulates other output devices, also), but they don't impart any frequency correction on the headphones.
Thanks you for clarification
main propose was to find optimal headphones collaborate plugin

OP
F

faina33

that was my misleading I was pretty sure dearVR MONITOR does has headphone celebration feature

Top Bottom