1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you talked to your DAW lately?

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by LamaRose, Aug 9, 2018.

1. LamaRose

LamaRose Senior Member

Oct 26, 2015
    I'm too lazy to check this out... someone please do the work for me and let me know if this is a pass or a buy (Logic users only):

http://voicecommander.net

2. EnabledLife

EnabledLife Member

Aug 9, 2018
    This looks amazing, especially for less abled composers, like myself!

3. OP
    OP
    LamaRose

LamaRose Senior Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Honestly, I never would have considered this concept if you hadn't posted on the forum. I imagine that "very abled" composers would love this capability if properly implemented.

4. burp182

burp182 Senior Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Wonder what it'll trigger when I let go with my usual 90 second stream of profanity after blowing a take for the eleventh time?

5. EnabledLife

EnabledLife Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Are the any others like me on this forum?

6. dgburns

dgburns it was done an hour ago, but I can't help myself

Nov 4, 2012
    Would like a version that uses ipad keycommands. Looks interesting, but using voice is gonna be weird for me.

How are they getting the track names published into their app? Could use that.

7. Paul Grymaud

Paul Grymaud Senior Member

"My Lord, I'm talking the whole night to my daw. And I'm reading the manual too, instead of the Holy Scriptures".
    "Don't worry, My son. We've got the same problem up there !"
    priere du soir.gif

LamaRose likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    LamaRose

LamaRose Senior Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Just consider the ability to use your voice for key switching in real time, mod/expression control, etc... basically adding an additional hand into the equation.

A new forum member has cerebral palsy which makes physical midi control challenging... that's how this subject was originally broached.

9. burp182

burp182 Senior Member

Dec 22, 2008
    All kidding aside, it sounds like a wonderful tool, assuming it understands the difference between a command and conversation. And for anyone with disabilities, this could be a godsend. Hopefully it will eventually work with other DAWs, although I certainly understand the difficulties. But some sales success could help push that forward. So Logic users, give this a try and let us know.

10. EnabledLife

EnabledLife Member

Aug 9, 2018
    As I am the cripple in question haha, does anyone want to hear what I've made?

11. dzilizzi

dzilizzi I know nothing

Feb 27, 2017
    Somewhere near Los Angeles
    Does yelling at my DAW count as talking? No, really, if they made it for Windows, I might be interested in it. It would be good for recording and not having to rush from the computer to the mic.

12. tmhuud

tmhuud Brown Belt

Nov 19, 2006
    Hollywood
    Very interesting. One day (is this THAT) day? this will develop far enough to be useful.

I can probably mute tracks 9-12 faster with my keyboard than I can say it, but for batch commands this shows promise.

The ‘over the net’ possibilities are pretty exciting as well.