Have you ever got to this point?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by dpasdernick, May 7, 2019.

1. Blackster

Blackster Senior Member

I totally can relate to this and I haven't bought any new gear or sample libraries since the CSSS ... BUT ... it doesn't end here! :) ...

I've spent lots of money, however, on other parts to move something different forward like investing in your skillset, coachings, get more understanding of how content marketing works and such things.

So, I haven't really saved up any money because I haven't bought new stuff :) ... eventually, I will buy new stuff in the future *LOL*

2. Saxer

Saxer Senior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Frankfurt/Germany
    I know someone who is collecting double basses. Believe me, we are on the lucky side.

3. GtrString

GtrString Active Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Denmark
    Yeah, and how about those car collectors!! Musicians are very humble and doesnt require nothing but a few new instruments to play on a couple times a month. Is that too much to ask for in life.. I dont think so

kleotessard likes this.
  4. kessel

kessel Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Yes, I've reached that point several times just to realize a couple of days, weeks, months... later that I really hadn't and I want something new :)

But honestly you shouldn't be sad even if you find that out for a longer time, the actual endless source of joy shouldn't be getting more stuff but using that stuff

5. MichaelVakili

MichaelVakili New Member

May 2, 2019
    You can always get a new instrument to play with =). And I bet that in the next couple of years we will see new amazing gear and libraries on the market, you can always save the money for that time.