1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haunted Spaces

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by StillLife, Jan 8, 2018.

1. StillLife

StillLife Senior Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Anyone picked up the latest from Soniccouture yet? It's on intro prize until the 12th and I am on the fence. Curious for some user experiences. How playable is it, for instance?
    Thanks in advance.

2. ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Haven’t bought it but it looks cool. Assumed from the name that it would be something like Native Instruments Thrill, but it is very different.

If you ever wanted to make an Ian Boddy style ambient album, this would be the sample library to help you do it! He’s actually one of the designers.

I could see this being useful for game soundtrack designers as well.

3. catsass

catsass Señor Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I am quite enamored with it. In the short amount of time I've had it, it's proven to be tremendously inspirational.

And yes, there is indeed a considerable amount of playable content.

And before anyone asks:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Lee Blaske likes this.
  4. Jake

Jake Senior Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Not an endorsement of the youtube channel necessarily, but here's a review of Haunted Spaces:

5. Thorsten Meyer

Thorsten Meyer Senior Member

Haunted Spaces is really worth looking into it, I did give it a very positive rating in my review.

If you are after such sounds it is a good investment.

6. OP
    OP
    StillLife

StillLife Senior Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Thank you all. Definitely interested. I am not a sound designer (I just love sounds), but from what I've heard of this I don't think it is a sound designer's plugin per se. I reckon one could put it to use in an (alternative) pop/rock-song also. True?

7. enCiphered

enCiphered Senior Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Sure, why not? :)
    I love to blend atmospheric textures and soundscapes with progressive metal.
    Or combining sound effects with ambient music. Experimenting with compositions and sound design is what makes music unique.
    By the way, you can´t go wrong with VI´s that offer sound randomization!

8. OP
    OP
    StillLife

StillLife Senior Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Well, I bought it. First impression: amazing! Very inspiring! With so many presets of such high quality and all sorts of ways to adjust them or create your own this library is a steal. It's NKS also, which is important to me. Very happy.

enCiphered likes this.
  9. soniccouture

soniccouture Senior Member

Jul 6, 2006
  10. chillbot

chillbot Forum Bot

Feb 6, 2014
    La Canada Flintridge, CA
    Just bought, thanks.

(Random plug for VI-Control... here is yet another product that I never would have heard of or purchased if not for VI-C.)

Karma likes this.
  11. Lee Blaske

Lee Blaske Senior Member

Bought it this afternoon, and have been playing around with it. Definitely a good purchase (especially at the introductory price). I can't recall ever being disappointed with an SC product.

12. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Struggling with deadline tonight !! Video walkthrough's look encouraging, yet similar concerns as some posted for NI _ THRILL …… questioning potential 'narrowness' of content focus. Power to modify both Libs seems a potential offset to this, but not experienced enough to be confident.

Has anyone here worked more extensively with Haunted Spaces and can comment on future versatility based on controls? Sample content is impressive and is strong attraction.

13. conan

conan Senior Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Downloading now. I love Geosonics so I decided to get this while it's still on sale.

14. conan

conan Senior Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Amazing library. It's more playable than Geosonics and definitely not niche. I think it's one of SC's best offerings to date.

Lee Blaske likes this.
  15. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    If someone missed the deadline: intro offer still online at bestservice, it dont states a date but "ending soon", but normally they dont start working on the page too early (german time ) :sleep:

16. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Today is Jan 12 in US and offer still functions on SC site right now ……. 09:30 MST.

17. Rap-sody

Rap-sody Music... again and again

Aug 29, 2017
    It's still available on sale at Best Service. This is where I got it with a holiday voucher.

After playing with it for a while, I keep coming at it again and again. It's full of great ambiences, and with the 4 sounds playing together, there's a lot of possibilities.

18. chillbot

chillbot Forum Bot

Feb 6, 2014
    La Canada Flintridge, CA
    haunted.png

My OCD hates this though. Did you run out of room to fit "Haunted Spaces"? Is it supposed to say "Haunted S"? "Haunteds"? It really just looks like half a logo to me.

19. Rap-sody

Rap-sody Music... again and again

Aug 29, 2017
    It depends on the price you pay:
    - Full price: you see Haunted Spaces
    - Intro price: you see Haunted S
    - Intro price with a discount voucher: I see Haun

:rofl:

misterfincher23 and chillbot like this.
  20. Thorsten Meyer

Thorsten Meyer Senior Member

Clearly, you are haunted at your studio.

misterfincher23 likes this.