What's new

Has anyone successfully gotten a refund from Spitfire

I tried with BT Phobos.....soooo unhappy with that.....and literally when I saw orbis I said that looks like another Phobos. No luck on the refund though. If I remember right they gave me a %30 off code or something. I really like almost all of my spitfire stuff but thx for letting us know about orbis

Sorry, but IF this is true :whistling:, then you really ought to pay a stupidity charge! Call it a Darwinian tax!:2thumbs:

This library came out yesterday, and you went through this cycle in less than 24 hours: you bought it with almost zero research, and rejected it with almost zero playing. I'm afraid you can't cry that you want your money back when you look after it so badly yourself in the first place.

Pause on the 'add to cart' a little longer next time :sneaky:, and if not, give yourself a little more time to go through your purchase.

Is it really necessary to add insult to injury? I know this is the Internet, but we don't have to behave like it is.

It is good advice, however, to take your time before purchasing; but now that you have the product, maybe there's also a way to make lemonade out of what you may feel is a lemon. Judging from the walkthrough video, there are a lot of ways to modify the sounds. Perhaps after putting in some time working with the instrument, you might create some sounds that you like?

Last but not least, I agree with AllanH that it doesn't hurt to ask. Even if you don't get what you want, there may be a consolation of sorts, as Clawrence mentioned.

Best,

Geoff

Is it really necessary to add insult to injury? I know this is the Internet, but we don't have to behave like it is.

It is good advice, however, to take your time before purchasing; but now that you have the product, maybe there's also a way to make lemonade out of what you may feel is a lemon. Judging from the walkthrough video, there are a lot of ways to modify the sounds. Perhaps after putting in some time working with the instrument, you might create some sounds that you like?

Last but not least, I agree with AllanH that it doesn't hurt to ask. Even if you don't get what you want, there may be a consolation of sorts, as Clawrence mentioned.

Best,

Geoff

I agree - the internet has become a place where some don't even hesitate to just call someone stupid, cry baby etc...

You really have to wonder if these folks would speak like that if they had just met someone in a social situation. Would they really have the balls to just call someone stupid to their face? I doubt it.

Sorry you made a bad purchase Greg. Spitfire will not refund your money. While it was a pass for me, the walkthrough did have some tasty sounding bits to my ears. I wasn't all that impressed with the playable instruments, but a lot of the loop/phrase stuff sounded quite good. Natural and legit (as in real ethnic performances) as opposed to so much loop content you hear these days. I think that's what sets it apart. I'd give it some time and see. There is a lot of content to dig through there.

I'm sure I'll be looking at it again during future sales. Hey, how is the performance of the plugin? cpu hit etc?

I looked at the walkthrough and thought it interesting and kind of cool. It appears to have some very good and authentic organic sounds, earthy instead of synthy, but it's way, way too expensive for me right now.

But in general principle, I am always sympathetic towards and in favor of expressing these sorts of complaints for the simple reason that no refund + no resale is unethical, extremely unfair and should be against consumer protection laws. If it was only one or the other one could argue that this would be reasonable, but having both together - leaving the end-user without any rights of redress whatsoever - crosses the line as a legitimate business practice IMHO.

I say this even though it doesn't much matter to me. There are too many other software usage rights abuses that I believe to be far more sinister and in dire need of revolutionary change. No refund/resale is trivial compared to CP that violates offline and privacy rights.

Sorry, but IF this is true :whistling:, then you really ought to pay a stupidity charge! Call it a Darwinian tax!:2thumbs:

This library came out yesterday, and you went through this cycle in less than 24 hours: you bought it with almost zero research, and rejected it with almost zero playing. I'm afraid you can't cry that you want your money back when you look after it so badly yourself in the first place.

Pause on the 'add to cart' a little longer next time :sneaky:, and if not, give yourself a little more time to go through your purchase.

Musicians patronizing musicians! /golfclap

Pause on the "Reply" a little longer next time :sneaky:, and if not, give yourself a little more time to go through your statement.

If you don't do your research and you are quite sure you need/want the product, the responsibility of buying it lies on you. You win some you lose some. These things are a risk, I know that going in.

Well, somebody needs to buy it before there are any reviews, right? Could you tell us how it differs from what you expected?

But I still think it is a bit much to ask for a refund unless the product presentation is actually deceptive. Is it?

I remember when I bought Metropolis Ark II. At first I was really disappointed, and would have loved to return it. But slowly it grew on me, and now I am quite the fan.

Hopefully you will come to appreciate Orbis in time.

As I already have Omnisphere, and am far more focussed on orchestral composition, Orbis never had any appeal for me from the second it was announced. But that doesn't make it a bad product - just one that's not for me.

It seems a bit early to judge Orbis IMHO. It sounds really intriguing to my ears to be honest and the new GUI for eDNA looks stunning. I will look into this for sure when I get back from my holidays. But it seems that working with this library will take some getting into i suppose...

Top Bottom