What's new

Has anyone experienced the supernatural?

Like the title says, I'm curious to hear your personal, first-person experience. As for me, I can't say that I have, although I want to keep an open mind. If spirits etc. exist, they must operate on a wavelength/plane removed from mine, that I lack the ability to sense them.

Had OBE's most of my life if those count. They are great fun :)

Back in college, as a freshman who was way too far up his own ass about Philosophy 101, I experienced what I believed to be a moment of Enlightenment. I was just sitting in my dorm room thinking about what I thought was SUPER DEEP philosophical stuff, when suddenly I had this weird moment.

I was no longer in my body, looking around at what I concluded at the time was the collective consciousness of humanity. A big, white and blue swirling cloud of energy with specks constantly joining and breaking off. I guessed they were souls at the time. Breaking off to experience independent existence before rejoining the collective consciousness after death.

There was a complete and total sense of nirvana for about a week, combined with what felt like true clarity and understanding of the world around me and a profound sense of inner peace. Over time, that faded, and I could never achieve that moment of zen over the 20 years since.

That’s about the closest to the supernatural I’ve experienced and it could just be nothing more than some crazy moment of neurons firing in just the right way to produce the experience.

These days, I tend to believe the supernatural is just like magic of the old days. Stuff we just haven’t yet figured out. Maybe ghosts are nothing more than bored extra dimensional beings that can read the electromagnetic field of our brains and have their fun by pushing the right buttons to make us believe weird stuff is happening.

Last edited:
Back in college, as a freshman who was way too far up his own ass about Philosophy 101, I experienced what I believed to be a moment of Enlightenment. I was just sitting in my dorm room thinking about what I thought was SUPER DEEP philosophical stuff, when suddenly I had this weird moment.

I was no longer in my body, looking around at what I concluded at the time was the collective consciousness of humanity. A big, white and blue swirling cloud of energy with specks constantly joining and breaking off. I guessed they were souls at the time. Breaking off to experience independent existence before rejoining the collective consciousness after death.

There was a complete and total sense of nirvana for about a week, combined with what felt like true clarity and understanding of the world around me and a profound sense of inner peace. Over time, that faded, and I could never achieve that moment of zen over the 20 years since.

That’s about the closest to the supernatural I’ve experienced and it could just be nothing more than some crazy moment of neurons firing in just the right way to produce the experience.

These days, I tend to believe the supernatural is just like magic of the old days. Stuff we just haven’t yet figured out. Maybe ghosts are nothing more than bored extra dimensional beings that can read the electromagnetic field of our brains and have their fun by pushing the right buttons to make us believe weird stuff is happening.
The stress of college will do that to ya!

I was given a BMW 4-series loaner the other day. It had a feature during backup where along with the trunk camera there was a display of the car and everything around it from the height of 20’ or so )an out-of-auto experience). The BMW SW reconstruct this view using the data from the many external cameras.

Neuroscience knows that the brain produces many maps of the body within its nearby physical world. It uses both perceived data and memory to create these maps. In the case of OOB experiences, the brain is using its data to do what the BMW is doing. While body placement errors happen in-the-small to all of us, others experience them in the extreme (the OOB experience). OOB can be also be consistently produced in any individual via transcranial magnetic stimulation and by other means.

Perception is a creation of our brain using samples of the external world, memory and algorithms defined in networks of neurons. Many will view this explanation as much less sexy than a supernatural one. For me, the jaw dropping complexity of the brain and how much remains to be learned is much more exciting.

I saw several times UFOS and other paranormal things (I prefer not to talk about it because people don't believe that stuff ) I think I have sometimes a deep connection to natural elements around me and I feel connected to the cycle of the moon and to some animals and I believe in communicating with angels and channeling or being a sort of vessel to beings from higher dimensions and that's where I believe I get my inspiration from. There are also sometimes orbs around me ..here on this video below I managed to record some strange phenomenon that happens sometimes...sometimes also a similar thing happens in the sky with bigger things (UFOS?)..also usually when that sort of thing happens, I am not in a boring everyday state of mind, but in a sort of trance or disconnected state of mind (but I never take drugs and never drink alcohol, instead I meditate daily, dance, practice yoga and eat vegan food amoung more extreme things that most people are not able to believe)

I believe I live between 2 dimensions:
- one boring heavy difficult dimension that seems to be the dimension people outside of me (that mostly do not meditate ) try to impose to me as "Reality", in this dimension colors are on a limited spectrum and often sad dirty and gray, there is duality all around and lot of horrible things and I can become overwhelmed by emotions like anger and sadness and pain, suffering, I witness misery, injustice, jealousy and disease and corruption and war and cruelty all around, also there is time limit and everything is impermanent , developing in me anxiety and stress.
- one other very much lighter dimension, that comes from my inner self and inner experiences and from people I feel connected to, that are a good influence and carry this deep compassion in them , usually they are people with an open wider consciousness and aware on different degrees about sentient beings and so they try to not cause pains to others around ... in that dimension the impossible becomes possible, time and space do not limit me no more, I feel eternal and invincible and colors become luminous and sounds become celestial and paranormal extraordinary things happens

here is the video:

In your opinion, what do you think that is?
Is it the microcosmos manifesting?
tiny extra terrestrials?
spirits?
angels?
a problem with my camera?
or dirt or insects?
(there were no insects around, also no fan running, and if we look those crossing my face, they seem like light of some sort, youtube compressed a bit but on the original file when we zoom a bit there seem to have rainbow colors in them)

Last edited:
I saw several times UFOS and other paranormal things (I prefer not to talk about it because people don't believe that stuff ) I think I have sometimes a deep connection to natural elements around me and I feel connected to the cycle of the moon and to some animals and I believe in communicating with angels and channeling or being a sort of vessel to beings from higher dimensions and that's where I believe I get my inspiration from. There are also sometimes orbs around me ..here on this video below I managed to record some strange phenomenon that happens sometimes...sometimes also a similar thing happens in the sky with bigger things (UFOS?)..also usually when that sort of thing happens, I am not in a boring everyday state of mind, but in a sort of trance or disconnected state of mind (but I never take drugs and never drink alcohol, instead I meditate daily, dance, practice yoga and eat vegan food amoung more extreme things that most people are not able to believe)

I believe I live between 2 dimensions:
- one boring heavy difficult dimension that seems to be the dimension people outside of me (that mostly do not meditate ) try to impose to me as "Reality", in this dimension colors are on a limited spectrum and often sad dirty and gray, there is duality all around and lot of horrible things and I can become overwhelmed by emotions like anger and sadness and pain, suffering, I witness misery, injustice, jealousy and disease and corruption and war and cruelty all around, also there is time limit and everything is unpermanent developing in me anxiety and stress.
- one other very much lighter dimension, that comes from my inner self and inner experiences and from people I feel connected to, that are a good influence and carry this deep compassion in them , usually they are people with on open consciousness and aware on different degrees about sentient beings and so they try to not cause pains to others around... in that dimension the impossible becomes possible, time and space do not limit me no more, I feel eternal and invincible and colors become luminous and sounds become celestial and paranormal extraordinary things happens

here is the video:

In your opinion, what do you think that is?
Is it the microcosmos manifesting?
tiny extra terrestrials?
spirits?
angels?
a problem with my camera?
or dirt or insects?
(there were no insects around, also no fan running, and if we look those crossing my face, they seem like light of some sort, youtube compressed a bit but on the original file when we zoom a bit there seem to have rainbow colors in them)

Cool. Pollen?

Hey, I have a friend in Greece, who said she experienced something similar, and after meditation. About two months ago she told me this. She is into Buddhism and meditation, (not seriously into Buddhism, I mean, she wouldnt even know what Pali or Tripitaka is), but she is into psychic stuff and meditation. She said small stars flew around her after meditation, and that her friends could witness this. I started to check this up for her, with my connections to Buddhists, and there was a Sanskrit/Pali word for a phenomenon like this, and it had manifested itself with people deep into meditation. So, I decided to contact some nuns in Sagaing (Myanmar) but my friend there said, theres a military checkpoint outside his house, and nuns in Sagaing cant leave the area, (virus and military coup), so I could never get the connection to Sagaing nunnery. (These people are serious about meditation). I tried another connection, a family with relation to former kings of Tibet, but no reply from there. Anyway, Im waiting for a reply one day from Buddhism connections, and I can let you know what they reply then. It might take a while, pandemics and military coups have a tendency to last some time.

Cool. Pollen?

Hey, I have a friend in Greece, who said she experienced something similar, and after meditation. About two months ago she told me this. She is into Buddhism and meditation, (not seriously into Buddhism, I mean, she wouldnt even know what Pali or Tripitaka is), but she is into psychic stuff and meditation. She said small stars flew around her after meditation, and that her friends could witness this. I started to check this up for her, with my connections to Buddhists, and there was a Sanskrit/Pali word for a phenomenon like this, and it had manifested itself with people deep into meditation. So, I decided to contact some nuns in Sagaing (Myanmar) but my friend there said, theres a military checkpoint outside his house, and nuns in Sagaing cant leave the area, (virus and military coup), so I could never get the connection to Sagaing nunnery. (These people are serious about meditation). I tried another connection, a family with relation to former kings of Tibet, but no reply from there. Anyway, Im waiting for a reply one day from Buddhism connections, and I can let you know what they reply then. It might take a while, pandemics and military coups have a tendency to last some time.
very interesting ! well it seems to me that buddhist teachings are so huge and deep that not everyone know the same things. It seems there are different paths to liberation to me, I discovered the Diamond sutra recently and it's already so intense and wide but I know not all buddhist branches accept it.

Last edited:
I think all 'supernatural' phenomenon are driven by science we as a human just don't understand yet.

My only actual 'Supernatural' experience is using Roland digital piano sound engine :D

buddhist teachings are so huge and deep that not everyone know the same things
It's only recently that I learned that when people talk about 'Buddha', it may refer to two different figures: Gautama Buddha (circa 5th century BC India), or Amitabha Buddha (circa 1st century AD). Although Buddhism itself does not believe in Supreme Creator God or heaven, Amitabha Buddha practically became a God as he created the Pure Land (heaven) for those who have faith in him - hence the basis of Pure Land Buddhism adhered to in most East Asian cultures. It's all very fascinating.

After having the Nth experience where I turn a dial on a mixing plugin and hear a difference for awhile before I realize it was bypassed the whole time, I no longer believe much of anything I experience!

We're born, live, and die by approximation.

One thing happened to me, when I was 28, that's still impressed in my mind... my mom was in hospital for a not too serious thing, and expected to be back home in a couple days. On my way to the station, to catch a train that would take me to my job, I went to see her. We talked for a while, then I stood up saying it was time for me to go, and she took my hand, and won't let it go. She kept looking at me with a strange expression, for what to me seemed like an eternity. I was a bit embarassed, kept saying mom I have to go, I'll lose my train, but she looked at me holding my hand, until she let me go, with a smile. Next morning she was dead... believe she knew she was about to die, don't know how.

Top Bottom