What's new

Has anyone experienced the supernatural?

I have not and I do not 'believe' in anything that is not scientifically observable. There are many, many things that have been proven to be real that I have little to no knowledge of and I do not need the billions upon billions of 'unprovable possibilities' diluting reality any further.

Give me proof and I'll adjust my world view accordingly, as I must. Such is the fate of one who subscribes to science.

If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out.

EDIT: I say this having been raised catholic and having spent most of my teen years 'studying' demonology and myriad religions, as an edgy teen goth is supposed to. Even tried my hand at Wiccanism for a year of so. I truly believed for a while but eventually the lack of observable truth just killed it. That, and the cases of borderline insanity such beliefs wreaked on some of my acqaintances made me realize blind faith is dangerous as hell.
I can relate. I was raised a Christian myself, but as I got older, let's just say that my idea of 'God' evolved. I just think it's interesting because Catholicism seems to have a considerable tradition on the supernatural (demonic possession/exorcism, stigmata, Marian apparitions etc.), but I guess you don't buy any of that. FWIW Christianity runs the gamut from heavy emphasis on the supernatural (prophetic revelations, Holy Spirit manifestations etc.) to the sobering, defensive stand against any sensationalism. Somewhere in there may be the true supernatural among the frauds.

Science talks about the quantum reality yet most people who think of themselves as being scientifically minded seem to only really believe in a Newtonian world view.
That for me speaks volumes about the extreme narrowness of the mainstream scientific mindset.
From my perspective that is just as much a cultish outlook as is seen in many religions.

It's probably generally best to leave the inexperienced alone and let them wake up in their own time.
I could share many things but unless you already have awakened that side of your awareness it will be too unbelievable for most to take seriously.
I think most of us that are awakened to a degree don't care what you believe and I'd be wary of anyone trying too hard to convince you about their experiences.

For me it all comes back to love.
That is why I give so much time to spiritual endeavours.
I can take or leave the supernatural, but I have a deep longing to experience the joy, peace and sense of connection that love brings me.

Every now and then, conversations about spirituality bubble up on this forum. Inevitably, it is bombarded by deniers and those not open to the possibility. Anyone that brings up their spiritual experiences is immediately shut down by those that are firm in their own viewpoint. But you have to ask yourself, why? Why is it so important for others to make sure no one else attempts to open a door or learn about something? The truth is, it doesn't really matter what that "something" is... it is just wild to me that others want to make sure no one entertains the possibility of researching the unknown. After all, science wouldn't exist today if scientists didn't risk their reputation by going against the grain and chasing after particles invisible to the human eye... It should be the joy of every person to watch others learn, seek, grow - and hopefully surpass the limitations and knowledge of those observing and guiding them.

As I am typing this, I see that @Technostica has just replied similarly. I agree with everything that was just said. It truly is about Love. I think of it like this... if there is an agenda, then it is not Love. Love genuinely has no agenda, but Love. And if there is an obstruction to Love, an agenda has intervened... be it your own, or one imposed upon you. So as much as the many here that have had spiritual experiences - or at least found the peace to be Love as much as possible in the confines of the human body - would love to gush about their experiences ... it is probably best to just leave guideposts to help those that want to experience it on their own to find their way in the sea of chaos this world presents.

It is out there OP. Without a doubt. The experiences that many talk about are very much the cusp of the journey. But, ultimately, the path will be identified as a great journey to becoming the embodiment of Love. It sounds so simple, but when truly experienced, the journey will very much embody the "supernatural" moments that you are looking to hear more about.

Last edited:
Great posts @Technostica and @storyteller

That pretty much sums it up for my journey. When I was young I was curious about the usual "supernatural", shrouded in the cloak of mystery, but walking the path has made the journey to transform into a lifelong quest to be fully here, fully present, learning life and how to live and love.

Love, balance, connection, compassion, peace, joy, respect and harmony. Great things hidden and dressed in little, things that tend to get too often stomped on, things that wake the colours in everyday life and make you appreciate life and feel blessed and thankful to be here - and even appreciate the difficulties as opportunities to grow as a human being.

One thing that is sad about scientific mindset is that it often makes people arrogant. In my opinion there is enough separation and divide&conquer in this world. It usually is not a threat if someone has a different experience or thinks otherwise, and it rarely brings any more good to the table to act like a jerk to someone who you think knows less about some subject.

There are a myriad of reasons why countless phenomena that are being labeled as supernatural are nearly impossible to reproduce in conditions that science has determined to use when trying to validate or debunk them. To dive into that dilemma is a bigger rabbit hole than most could imagine.

I am pretty sure that if I was given ten years exclusively with you, you would understand this dilemma quite profoundly through your own experiences. Unfortunately I don't think we have that possibility and I have to be content with the option where science determines and the majority is being used as the court to rule the verdict: I am a fool and that is wrong, delusional and illogical thinking, because it has not been scientifically proved and approved.

Fortunately there is no reason to worry. I have experienced these things every day and night for over the last fifteen years, I am ok with all this and your opinion or view about these things is fine and the right one for you.
Hey I respect whatever opinion you have and you are entitled to believe in whatever you wish.
As long as you don't try to convince, or "convert" me, or impose your views on society in general, that is wonderful for you if it makes you feel whole and happy, I'm sincerely happy for you. :)

Me, I stick to the boring, often not as exciting (actually physics is pretty exciting though), repeatable, verifiable, documentable and, with 100% respect, leave beleives to whoever enjoys it.

As long as my opinions get the same respect, it's all fantastic.

Never seen a ghost. That said, I have friends who say they have. Additionally, a friend used to have a store in an old building that was, at one time, a ranch bunkhouse, as well as a few other things. People said they saw ghosts or felt entities there.

There were two occasions I also had weird things happen. Mostly, I was never bothered or saw or felt anything that others talked about. Twice, she allowed "ghost hunters" to come by after the store was closed and invited some of her friends to watch. The first time, nothing really happened. The second time, they were upstairs in the storage area that was supposedly haunted so I went up with two other girls to watch. As we were standing there, one of the girls complained it felt like something was grabbing her leg. The other girl says, oh yeah, there is something there. So I switched places with her. I don't feel anything. Suddenly I hear this "Hmmph" right behind me like someone was really frustrated. Turned around. No one there. No one else had spoken. Just weird.

Second time occurred during a seance they decided to have. We turned down the lights and had a candle. Went through the usual stuff they do in seances. I don't hear anything. Suddenly, one side of my body gets really cold. Ice cold. It was warm in the room. My other side was warm. I asked if anyone saw someone at my side and a couple said, oh yes, that's the cowboy who hangs out in the back room. I guess he was standing there watching. He backed off when the lights came back on and I was warm again. When we turned the lights back off, he returned and my side got cold again. It was kind of interesting. She closed the store a year or two after because it wasn't doing well. The place is still empty.

I tend to think it is energy left behind from unfinished business normally. I mean, humans are basically blobs of energy. Normally, the people seen as "ghosts" don't die from natural causes. There could be something to this.

I do find it interesting that most cultures have separately come up with supernatural type beings in their cultures - i.e. ghosts, vampires and werewolves. I'm sure there are some logical reasons for it. Maybe someday we will know.

Hey I respect whatever opinion you have and you are entitled to believe in whatever you wish.
As long as you don't try to convince, or "convert" me, or impose your views on society in general, that is wonderful for you if it makes you feel whole and happy, I'm sincerely happy for you. :)

Me, I stick to the boring, often not as exciting (actually physics is pretty exciting though), repeatable, verifiable, documentable and, with 100% respect, leave beleives to whoever enjoys it.

As long as my opinions get the same respect, it's all fantastic.
Thanks. No worries. I respect you and your views and I can think of gazillions of more productive ways to spend my time and energy than fight about these things with other people. (Even procrastinating on this forum :grin:). That is why in my life I mostly keep my mouth shut about these things.

One thing that came to my mind is the thing that this topic is so often considered to be so heavily connected with believing and blind belief. What is funny about that is that I am not a believer type of a guy. I want to know. There are many ways to research and observe esoteric or supernatural phenomena, but those methods are not approved by science (I understand this and have no problem with it), and there are no man-made physical measuring instruments yet to measure and validate those phenomena or planes of existence yet.

There are observation-based methods in consciousness and I have managed to gather a lot of data with coherence and reproduce many of them countless times: in my experience mechanics of some phenomenon have always been the same. (I see this known reality and modern science as one piece of a cake and the other ones are dimensions and planes of existence that are not commonly known or understood yet.) Part of it is that in my experience everything is so connected that a proper and compatible vibrational ground for many phenomena to be manifested in controlled scientific environments is extremely, extremely hard, because they are usually phenomena that are very sensitive, and react to almost everything and it could take only an individual involved with the project with a closed and restricted mindset about something related to the test to make everything instantly or automatically fail.

So, the option I am left with is to be the heretic and enjoy life. Going to the greatest battle to fight the ultimate windmills by trying to prove these scientifically does not seem so tempting at the moment. And yeah, I know - if you cannot prove them they do not exist and you are a fool. :)

Last edited:
One thing that came to my mind is the thing that this topic is so often considered to be so heavily connected with believing and blind belief. What is funny about that is that I am not a believer type of a guy. I want to know.
That reminds me on a discussion long ago I only remember only in fragments. But it was on the differences between in that case western (church) religion and other (in that case "eastern") ways of thinking.

Starting point in that discussion was that in my youth on a youth travel organised by church (I am not in church and never was but I respect religion as long as it respects the believe of other people and that was a great experience and travel for me with lots of nice people) I had a deep discussion with the father who acoompanied this. Whenever he has no anwer on my questions anymore he just said "you have to believe". Finish. Thats it, no room for questions anymore, believe it or not.

Then years later I had a comparable discussion with a buddhist (I am not sure if it was my Tai Chi master but it dont really matter who it was and from which background he came). And he says: NO, DONT BELIEVE, TRY IT. If it works for you, if it is good for you, if you find answers with it, fine, if not: stay away from it.

Seems for me that "religion" is exchangeable with lot of things but the point is really what FinGael said and AudioLoco claims: respect other opinions and dont try to kill questions and searching by "YOU have to believe". Its fine for me if the father finds his fulfillment in believing but if it means "I dont know" is strictly forbidden.....

That reminds me on a discussion long ago I only remember only in fragments. But it was on the differences between in that case western (church) religion and other (in that case "eastern") ways of thinking.

Starting point in that discussion was that in my youth on a youth travel organised by church (I am not in church and never was but I respect religion as long as it respects the believe of other people and that was a great experience and travel for me with lots of nice people) I had a deep discussion with the father who acoompanied this. Whenever he has no anwer on my questions anymore he just said "you have to believe". Finish. Thats it, no room for questions anymore, believe it or not.

Then years later I had a comparable discussion with a buddhist (I am not sure if it was my Tai Chi master but it dont really matter who it was and from which background he came). And he says: NO, DONT BELIEVE, TRY IT. If it works for you, if it is good for you, if you find answers with it, fine, if not: stay away from it.

Seems for me that "religion" is exchangeable with lot of things but the point is really what FinGael said and AudioLoco claims: respect other opinions and dont try to kill questions and searching by "YOU have to believe". Its fine for me if the father finds his fulfillment in believing but if it means "I dont know" is strictly forbidden.....
0 qFTabwOQbqE_sqhD.gif

Sorry, can't help it :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I read an interesting comment on twitter about the coincidences of haunted houses, and carbon monoxide poisoning. Explained further in this article:

I am not saying this to discredit anyones experiences, but for example if you took LSD you maybe hope for visual hallucinations and if/when they occur then you know their source which would make you less likely to assign them to the supernatural.

By comparison if you were completely sober, went to bed and were woken by pressure on your chest, aural hallucinations and a strong sense of dread, you might well freak out because you do not know their source. But these are also all symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Vaguely related & maybe also useful:

Years ago, my wife and I visited Sedona, Arizona. If you haven’t been there, it is a drop-dead beautiful place. It is also a boiling hot cauldron of New Age spiritualism and questionable tourist traps. We visited a butte that had a reputation for “vortices”, places where earth-Gaia-universal energy spiraled out of the ground to provide enlightenment or spiritual powers. The vortex was marked on the ground with collections of small rocks arranged in a spiral pattern. When the vortex is active, little piles of rocks that are precariously stacked were supposed to fall over. While we were taking in the sights, my wife was approached by a man who said he was doing legal work for the Native American tribes in the area. My wife, being a lawyer and part Native American, got taken into a prolonged conversation about the area. When they departed, he offered the advice, “When you next find a dime, that will be a sign you have found your Spirit Guide.”

Within about an hour, we then visited the Sedona Community Cemetery, another incredibly beautiful and unusual place, just around the corner from the famous chapel in the rocks. The man on the butte had no way of knowing our destination. While we were taking photos, my wife was drawn to a child’s columbarium with a little statue of a ballet dancer over the ashes that said ”Dancing in Spirit”. Right next to it was a dime.

Do I think this was a supernatural experience? Not for a second, and I think the odds of something happening like this by chance are actually quite high. But I do think it’s a good story. I related this story to a Catholic priest sometime later, expecting some shock or horror, and condemnation about New Age and demons, but instead he was dumbfounded and didn’t have a clue as to how to react. I was amazed that he seemed so unsure of his own faith as to have no response.

Attachments

• PA260325.png
    PA260325.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
We all know ghosts, ufos and bigfoot only exist in the great U.S. and A. There have also been sightings of the big white Trump. I think it's all rubbish.

We all know ghosts, ufos and bigfoot only exist in the great U.S. and A. There have also been sightings of the big white Trump. I think it's all rubbish.
Well, that's not true. It's only our ghosts are younger and more active. The ghosts in Europe have been around for a thousand years or so and are tired. Rattling chains is really hard work.

Top Bottom