What's new

Harp library with the greatest amount of recorded glissandi?

Windle

Hello!

I'm wondering which harp library offers the greatest amount of recorded glissandi. I love the original CineHarp and it does have a little variety but more would be good.

I know you can make your own with many of the libraries but I'm really interested in lots of genuinely recorded options and how easy it is to switch from one to another without loading five different patches.

Any help appreciated!

Windle

amadeus1

Hello!

I'm wondering which harp library offers the greatest amount of recorded glissandi. I love the original CineHarp and it does have a little variety but more would be good.

I know you can make your own with many of the libraries but I'm really interested in lots of genuinely recorded options and how easy it is to switch from one to another without loading five different patches.

Any help appreciated!

Windle
It's definitely OT Orchestral Harps. Here's a walkthrough

OP
W

Windle

OT's Orchestral Harps.
Thanks. They seem to have lots of separate patches for each type of gliss.
Does each gliss have many variations? I can see from their video that there is an octave up, two octaves, four octaves etc. but is there any dynamic variation within these? Doesn't appear to be......
Also there are more unified patch/multi?

The Darris

CineHarps (Came out earlier this year) is what you want. Not only do they offer multiple harps for different placement and contexts but it has a very nice articulation list on top of glissandi phrases both one shots at various lengths (Short, Medium, Long) in both directions (3 Dynamic Layers). It's very easy to mix and match via simple keyswitching. It offers those glissandi in 7 scales. There is also a "Glissandi Ad Lib" articulation which works the same way, but with 8 scales and it is single phrases that are looped with a very well designed release trigger script.

The additional 2 harps included (Harp 2 and 3) are just recorded in a different position and only offers the Normale playing style. I should also mention that they've included some interesting sound design patches with it as well which gives it some diversity beyond just a "harp" library. I mentioned it in another harp thread on here but I have to say that this library was probably the best sample library purchase I've made this year. It replaced every harp sample I've been using for the last few years and it's insanely easy to write with. It's easy on the resources and sounds amazing out of the box. Likewise, it's very easy to mix with other libraries without having to do much except some added reverb and volume mixing to get it to sit within your cue. Well worth the price tag and very affordable compared to it's competition.

Best,

Chris

OP
W

Windle

CineHarps (Came out earlier this year) is what you want. Not only do they offer multiple harps for different placement and contexts but it has a very nice articulation list on top of glissandi phrases both one shots at various lengths (Short, Medium, Long) in both directions (3 Dynamic Layers). It's very easy to mix and match via simple keyswitching. It offers those glissandi in 7 scales. There is also a "Glissandi Ad Lib" articulation which works the same way, but with 8 scales and it is single phrases that are looped with a very well designed release trigger script.

Certainly the single patch looks well designed and easy to use.
I don't, however, see any reference to 3 Dynamic Layers in either the Manual or their walkthrough video. Just three lengths of Short, Medium and Long.
Am I asking for the moon here or is there an opening for a library of just harp glissandi that's really comprehensive?

Top Bottom