What's new

Harp Library Recommendation

Shubus

Looking for a good harp library which has harmonics. My recently acquired OT Harp library Symphonic Harps if magnificent for orchestral settings, as who needs harp harmonics there. For smaller chamber ensembles I really need harp harmonics. I'm only aware of CineSamples offerings.

Seycara

Looking for a good harp library which has harmonics. My recently acquired OT Harp library Symphonic Harps if magnificent for orchestral settings, as who needs harp harmonics there. For smaller chamber ensembles I really need harp harmonics. I'm only aware of CineSamples offerings.

OT harps already has harmonics, check out the articulation "flageolet".

OP
S

Shubus

You should check Pianoteq harp. It is very versatile and serves for many purposes.
I stupidly missed OT's flageolet...I'll give that a try. There are enough mic settings that it may be just fine. I've heard good things about the Pianoteq harp....will look into that also didn't know it had harmonics.

Last edited:

Leandro Gardini

I stupidly missed OT's flageolet...I'll give that a try. There are enough mic settings that it may be just fine. I've heard good things about the Pianoteq harp....will look into that also didn't know it had harmonics.
I was a beta-tester for this product and it has been one of my favorite options for harp solo and accompaniments since then.
With a little tweaking you can simulate the articulation and mic position you want without ever being concerned about sameness of samples.

galactic orange

Sensor Number
I was a beta-tester for this product and it has been one of my favorite options for harp solo and accompaniments since then.
With a little tweaking you can simulate the articulation and mic position you want without ever being concerned about sameness of samples.
Which product did you beta test, the OT one or the Pianoteq one?

galactic orange

Sensor Number
Check out the OT harp overview if you haven’t yet:

I just watched it. I think it sounds fabulous. The mic positions each have a distinct sound. I’m not particularly into harps, but the playability and variety of articulations plus the fact that it’s two harps make this really a workhorse.

I have Berlin Inspire and it has a fine harp, but Berlin Symphonic Harps has wowed me. I’d like to pair this with BWW.

The Darris

If you are looking for affordability, versitility, and overall ease of use, CineHarps (not the original CineHarp) by CineSamples is rather remarkable. One of my favorite and most used purchases of this year. I used to be a hardcore Spitfire Harp user but CineHarps replaced it by 100%.

It's not a purist type of library so if you are wanting to program note for note glissandi, Spitfire or OT's Harp has that type of articulation available. However, everything else packed into this library was well worth the price. I know I review libraries and have received NFR's from many companies. However, this was an out of pocket expense and I can truly say, as an avid user of it, that it's one of the best on the market.

Cheers,

Chris

mikeh-375

old school
Ravel did quite well with harp harmonics in a full orchestral score!...just saying in case you are under an illusion...:2thumbs:

Does anyone have any opinions on Angelic Harp from Orange Tree Samples?

Edit: I should have used the search function - there are lots of opinions already!

Last edited:

ChrisSiuMusic

If you are looking for affordability, versitility, and overall ease of use, CineHarps (not the original CineHarp) by CineSamples is rather remarkable. One of my favorite and most used purchases of this year. I used to be a hardcore Spitfire Harp user but CineHarps replaced it by 100%.

It's not a purist type of library so if you are wanting to program note for note glissandi, Spitfire or OT's Harp has that type of articulation available. However, everything else packed into this library was well worth the price. I know I review libraries and have received NFR's from many companies. However, this was an out of pocket expense and I can truly say, as an avid user of it, that it's one of the best on the market.

Cheers,

Chris
Agreed. CineHarps is spectacular. The classic Hollywood sound it exudes is amazing.

Lee Blaske

Still a few hours left for the new OT Harps intro price. I was thinking I'd skip this, but out of curiosity, are there other people out there who own multiple harp libraries who have recently picked up the OT library and think it's the new king of the hill?

I've got a number of harp libraries, so I've got options, but I'm not exactly in love with any of them (although the VSL library is pretty consistent). I recently picked up the new 8Dio harp library, with high hopes. I like the sound of it, but the problem for me is the velocity transition from soft to loud. It's an extremely sharp divide, and it makes the instrument very hard to play expressively.

Who else is knocked out by the new OT Harps?

Sovereign

Still a few hours left for the new OT Harps intro price. I was thinking I'd skip this, but out of curiosity, are there other people out there who own multiple harp libraries who have recently picked up the OT library and think it's the new king of the hill?

I've got a number of harp libraries, so I've got options, but I'm not exactly in love with any of them (although the VSL library is pretty consistent). I recently picked up the new 8Dio harp library, with high hopes. I like the sound of it, but the problem for me is the velocity transition from soft to loud. It's an extremely sharp divide, and it makes the instrument very hard to play expressively.

Who else is knocked out by the new OT Harps?
I caved, although I too have several others but don't really like them. Installing it tomorrow.

Lee Blaske

Hadn't watched that 14+ minute overview until today. I think I'm sold. Looks like you can REALLY play this one. And those low notes sound absolutely stunning. I just hope the velocity is mapped so that it feels natural playing it on a keyboard.

Top Bottom