What's new

Hans Zimmer's Dune soundtrack -- only using U-he Dark Zebra

R. Naroth

DAW - Logic Pro X
Every sound in this track was created within Dark Zebra. Used Logic EQ on some of the tracks and Izotope's Match EQ plugin on the master bus.

If there is interest in the patches used in this track, please do let me know in this thread and I will try to collect them and make available, for free of course.

Thanks for listening..

Original track:

Last edited:
Sounds awesome! Congrats! I have to get my hands on Dark Zebra one of these days... It's been on my wishlist forever, but never got around to buying it.

Sounds awesome! Congrats! I have to get my hands on Dark Zebra one of these days... It's been on my wishlist forever, but never got around to buying it.
Totally recommend it. For one, there is a lot we can learn from the HZ presets that are included. The global resonance filter is great for bringing out certain acoustic qualities in patches.

Totally recommend it. For one, there is a lot we can learn from the HZ presets that are included. The global resonance filter is great for bringing out certain acoustic qualities in patches.
Absolutely, I think it can be an invalluable tool to learn about those types of amazing sounds that HZ uses on a regular basis. I'm not an synth expert by any means, but I've messed around with Zebra 2 enough to know that the possibilities are insanely vast.

That "cello" sound you've created is amazing, very close to the original and very expressive it seems. You certainly know what you're doing! It's mind blowing that you've recreated everything in Zebra. Just goes to show how insane of a synth it is, especially for having been released what, 12-13 years ago?

Absolutely, I think it can be an invalluable tool to learn about those types of amazing sounds that HZ uses on a regular basis. I'm not an synth expert by any means, but I've messed around with Zebra 2 enough to know that the possibilities are insanely vast.

That "cello" sound you've created is amazing, very close to the original and very expressive it seems. You certainly know what you're doing! It's mind blowing that you've recreated everything in Zebra. Just goes to show how insane of a synth it is, especially for having been released what, 12-13 years ago?
😊 thanks for your kind words @Pincel . Zebra is in fact insane, u-he has been keeping it updated with incremental changes. Zebra is my go-to source design tool. There is a certain quality to its sound and the way filters are designed. I’m still figuring out some of the modulators like ModMix 😁.

Zebra3 is coming in the future, but ZebraHZ can’t possibly be surpassed.
Can’t wait to try your preset.
Nice job on Dune.

Top Bottom