What's new

Hans Zimmer Strings update!!

Thanks for pointing that out.

I don't have the experience to know why that's an acceptable omission. How are folks working around that? Layering? Just not relying on the center sections for lines requiring legato?
Mostly you set up your ensemble for what the library allows. The library allows a lot so it’s not a major issue. But it does limit the flexibility somewhat.

Very cool update. Puts the whole library in a new light.

Now if they could only give us access to when the individual round robins should play in the spiccatissimo this would be a deadly serious riff machine.

The spicatisskmo patch is crazy. Lol. On my controller I can play moderately light and get the quietest sound...like are they even playing? and then I have to really whack to get to 127. Those shorts have some real balls. such a dynamic range my controller doesn’t know what to do with it lol

The spicatisskmo patch is crazy. Lol. On my controller I can play moderately light and get the quietest sound...like are they even playing? and then I have to really whack to get to 127. Those shorts have some real balls. such a dynamic range my controller doesn’t know what to do with it lol

I started using their "map velocity to dynamics" setting because of this, and honestly I'm pretty impressed with how natural it feels.

Been messing around with this and I really love these new shorts, very heavy an aggressive, will definitely be making use of them!

If anyone is struggling with HZS not showing up in the Komplete Kontrol browser, as I was, NI have just released an update to KK on Native Access, version 2.2.1(R4) which now works properly with both HZS and BBC SO.

If anyone is struggling with HZS not showing up in the Komplete Kontrol browser, as I was, NI have just released an update to KK on Native Access, version 2.2.1(R4) which now works properly with both HZS and BBC SO.

I don't think it's intended to show up in the browser. Where I see it is in the "Plus sign" in the main pane, in the dock at the top, where Kontakt would be, if you loaded from the browser, along with other non-NI plugins that are compatible. [I've been using EWC from here for a few months.] . This is also how you can setup an effects chain in the instance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 7.10.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 7.10.31 AM.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 12
I don't think it's intended to show up in the browser. Where I see it is in the "Plus sign" in the main pane, in the dock at the top, where Kontakt would be, if you loaded from the browser, along with other non-NI plugins that are compatible. [I've been using EWC from here for a few months.] . This is also how you can setup an effects chain in the instance.

It is intended to show up in the browser. It's an NKS compatible plugin since the latest update. The NKS preview files are all in a subfolder within the library.

It now shows up in the browser.

It is intended to show up in the browser. It's an NKS compatible plugin since the latest update. The NKS preview files are all in a subfolder within the library.

I'll have to check for that! I assumed that all "NKS-Compatible" meant in this instance is the lightguide and knob assignments when loaded the way I described (which EWC had already had for awhile.) Not the lesser fussy browser shit.

I'll have to check for that! I assumed that all "NKS-Compatible" meant in this instance is the lightguide and knob assignments when loaded the way I described (which EWC had already had for awhile.) Not the lesser fussy browser shit.
Ha! I don't have HZS yet, but I'll confirm NKS-compatible VIs look just like Native Instrument VIs from he KK perspective. I enjoy the fussy browser shit as it keeps me off the mouse that much more.

Ha! I don't have HZS yet, but I'll confirm NKS-compatible VIs look just like Native Instrument VIs from he KK perspective. I enjoy the fussy browser shit as it keeps me off the mouse that much more.

I probably haven't given it a fair shake. My biggest problem is I've got all of the synth and electronic stuff from NI and some of my other things in there, and their volume in the preview is so much higher than most of the orchestral stuff it gives me hives to navigate through it. ;)

Its pretty wet... even on the spot or close mics. Its close and intimate, but long tails. Which, I prefer for me. But that's me and the sound I really like.

I'm a little concerned about a lack of definition due to long tails on otherwise dry mics. How much flexibility does the player provide in shortening the tails in a realistic way? I love Spitfire, but I'm looking for big (ensemble size, not room size), *defined* spiccatos that can carry a piece front and a center. I've had trouble getting that specific thing from Spitfire libraries in the past. Would you say, after this update, this is their best library for that, or would you recommend another one?

Anyone else please feel free to chime in. Could definitely use some guidance with Spitfire spics.

100 % Spitire Audio & 100% Dark o_O;)

01 - SA - HZS - 60 Cellos - All Scandi - Col Legno Tratto
02 - SA - HZS - 20 Violas Wide - Long Harmonics
03 - SA - FSE - Building Heavy Bow
04 - SA - WE - Grit Bursts
05 - SA - PS - Batas - Swarmed Fingers
06 - SA - PS - Tubular Bells - Swarmed Sticks

I still can't get at the shorts, though I've updated twice now. I think my folder hierarchy may be wrong -- is this what it's supposed to look like?

Attachments

• HZ Strings part of v1.2.6 folder.jpg
    HZ Strings part of v1.2.6 folder.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 7
  • HZ Strings 1.3.2 folder.jpg
    HZ Strings 1.3.2 folder.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 6
  • HZ Strings Patches Folder.jpg
    HZ Strings Patches Folder.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 6
  • HZ Strings Folder.jpg
    HZ Strings Folder.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 6

Hi-
I just installed Hans Zimmer strings and can not get it to appear in the Komplete Kontrol browser. Any ideas as to how to get it to appear there? I've rebuilt the library. Trashed the db3 file. Rebooted, rescanned. I own a bunch of Spitfire libraries, and all of the NKS ones appear in Komplete Kontrol browser except for Abbey Road Two, Hans Zimmer Strings, Cimbalom. I've had to jump through hoops in the past to get some of them to appear...but can't figure these 3 out. Any ideas?? Thank you.

Top Bottom