Hans Zimmer Strings - demos welcome here

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by artomatic, Mar 28, 2018.

1. YFM

YFM New Member

Mar 3, 2018
    I was told this library was only good for elevator music. Hold my beer guys..

Start at around 3:45 if you want to cut to some 'Hans Zimmer Strings' stuff immediately.

windyweekend, LamaRose and rlw like this.
  2. fish_hoof

fish_hoof Active Member

Love the Halo series and wanted to do a re-score of the Halo Infinity trailer. Used HZS and layered century strings slightly for cello and violins 1. Was a good fun exercise.

Here is the audio only if anyone just wanted to listen to it.

Thank you all!

ism, idematoa and artomatic like this.
  3. fish_hoof

fish_hoof Active Member

Side note been debating Forzo... if purchased I may add it to this track at the end. Been debating that library all week!

4. rlw

rlw Rod Wilson

Aug 31, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    For those who are interested, I just posted HZ Strings featured on the 4th Movement of "Taking Light to Darkness Suite". All the movements use HZ Strings but for the movement, the ostinatos starting at 1:54 and 4:25 use Vn LHS, CTR and RHS strings section in a rotating faction. I only wish for broader selection of short articulationslike Marcato and Tenato. However, the different sound and miking of each section creates a more organic and convincing answer/response in lieu of panning the same VN section. The 3 Vn Sections traded Off in one and two 2 bar phases and in a couple places there are trade offs in the same measure. Eighty percent of all strings are HZ strings but there were a few phrases using SpitFire Symphonic Strings Vn and Db , LCO Vc and OA Chamber (bass wave) in addition to Spitfire Symphonic Woodwinds and Brass, HZ Pro Percussion.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    windyweekend, ka00, jpb007.uk and 7 others like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    artomatic

artomatic I Compose With My Ears

Aug 27, 2016
    Most excellent, @rlw !

rlw likes this.
  6. rlw

rlw Rod Wilson

Aug 31, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    Thank you. I really appreciate your comment

7. fish_hoof

fish_hoof Active Member

Great stuff @rlw, job well done with this!

8. rlw

rlw Rod Wilson

Aug 31, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks @fish_hoof. That means a lot .