What's new

Hans Zimmer Strings, a year later...almost

fish_hoof

Hey all,

Can't believe it's been almost a year since this library came out. Wrote a track for a project called ASH. I used all of the sections in HZS except the LH Cellos, as well as layered SF Chamber Strings Cello and Bass with the RH Cello and Bass. This track was for a specific purpose and with dialog. I don't think I could have achieved the sheer power I needed with any other library.

If anyone is curious on seeing the video it goes to let me know. Just wanted to focus primarily on the music and the quality of samples.

Appreciate you all!

Last edited:
Nice piece. I was just thinking today — I wish they would fix the legato patches!

I feel i can get solid results using just the longs and layering a legato patch from the chamber strings. I do like to use the legato patches, but takes a little bit more programming than normal. Which... i believe makes the finished product worth it, at least for me. However i understand how for some, that extra effort can hinder creativity.

Hey all,

Can't believe it's been almost a year since this library came out. Wrote a track for a project called ASH. I used all of the sections in HZS except the LH Cellos, as well as layered SF Chamber Strings Cello and Bass with the RH Cello and Bass. This track was for a specific purpose and with dialog. I don't think I could have achieved the sheer power I needed with any other library.

If anyone is curious on seeing the video it goes to let me know. Just wanted to focus primarily on the music and the quality of samples.

Appreciate you all!

I really like the way you used the library. Your writing is much improved since the last time I saw your work. Tasteful.. Well Done.. Thanks for sharing..

I really like the way you used the library. Your writing is much improved since the last time I saw your work. Tasteful.. Well Done.. Thanks for sharing..

Thank you @rlw that means a lot! Been putting in tons of time and effort to keep getting better.

This demo makes good use of his namesake library, and he's part of the VI-C community. I pinged him the same as I would any other community member who might be happy to see people use their stuff.

Last edited:
Hey gang,

Thought I would post the video this went too. I did the filming, editing, etc. for it. Im by no means a video guy but wanted to share it because I thought the music goes perfectly with the dark ashes tone of the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: oxo
Hi all,

Up late and wanted to share a piece I wrote with HZS layered with Spitfire Chamber Strings. The chamber strings really is the ultimate partner with this library... at least in my experience with it. Just blends perfectly and adds bite. I think I used everything in this except Center Cellos and RH Violins.

Appreciate you all!

Hi all,

Up late and wanted to share a piece I wrote with HZS layered with Spitfire Chamber Strings. The chamber strings really is the ultimate partner with this library... at least in my experience with it. Just blends perfectly and adds bite. I think I used everything in this except Center Cellos and RH Violins.

Appreciate you all!

To also add, i only layered the longs for the chamber strings, not the shorts. In hind sight i should have and usually do the shorts.

Hi all,

Appreciate you all!

Sounds great!

Hey gang,

Thought I would post the video this went too. I did the filming, editing, etc. for it. Im by no means a video guy but wanted to share it because I thought the music goes perfectly with the dark ashes tone of the video.

I like this very much. I like the video, message and music. Again well done. Well done.

Hi everyone,

Wanted to share this track I just completed for a small project. It was composed to have some of the same themes and feel of the "ASHES" song I composed earlier. Strings were all HZS except the very beginning 10 seconds and the RH Cello shorts being layered with some Chamber Strings for extra bite.

Also, would love to hear other composers use of HZS! Especially since it's been out for a year, would love to hear what others are doing with it.

Thank you all!

Top Bottom