What's new

Hans Zimmer Strings - 40% off thread

my first contact is rather positive. :)

The very "organic" side in the string textures is for me very inspiring.
I'll try to do a little demo with Aperture at the end of this week.

My first contact with HZS...

01 - SA - HZS - 20 Cellos - All in One - Long Super Sul Pont
02 - SA - HZS - 60 Cellos - All in One - Tremolo CS Pont Waves
03 - SA - HZS - 20 Cellos RHS - FX1 Cluster Slides
04 - SA - Aperture - Reflactions - Tremolo_Pinhole Ensemble - Long Flautando
05 - SA - LABS - Sleigh Bells
06 - SA - PS - Angklungs - Swarmed Sticks
07 - Audio Imperia - Nucleus - 2Flts, 2Clrnts va - Sustained
08 - Sonuscore - The Orchestra Complete - Violin 1 Staccato - Violin2 Staccato - Viola Staccato - Horn Sustain - Double Bass Sustain

100% Spitfire Audio ;)

01 - SA - HZS - 60 Cellos All Standard - C Sord PP Long Soft CS
02 - SA - OPW - Ice Piano
03 - SA - OS - Woods High - Combo Swarm
04 - SA - Aperture - Refractions - Tremolo_Refractions - Normale
05 - SA - WE - Intense Sirens
06 - SA - BDT - Ensembles - Flute & Pic.soft_Ensembles - Bass & CI Soft

So with these new patches, can HZ strings do those fast passages on 16ths? Demos are great, but when multiple string libs are used, somewhat makes it difficult to tell what is what. How fast can it now go?

So with these new patches, can HZ strings do those fast passages on 16ths? Demos are great, but when multiple string libs are used, somewhat makes it difficult to tell what is what. How fast can it now go?

I feel like it moves pretty fast! Wrote this with HZS. OA Evos to start but then all HZS after at 0:32.

i feel like it moves pretty fast! Wrote this with HZS. OA Evos to start but then all HZS after at 0:32.

I feel like it moves pretty fast! Wrote this with HZS. OA Evos to start but then all HZS after at 0:32.

i feel like it moves pretty fast! Wrote this with HZS. OA Evos to start but then all HZS after at 0:32.

I love what you've accomplished with HZS here, the strings are fast and on point. What piano VST did you use?

I love what you've accomplished with HZS here, the strings are fast and on point. What piano VST did you use?

I use HZ Piano. The mid and low tones are sensational. Plus i double my piano with synth for added power. Just need to eq out some mud so they mix well with the strings.

Nice! Great track, that's certainly close! How is it at performing these kind of passages?

Attachments

• AngDemClip.mp3
    395.6 KB · Views: 46
Nice! Great track, that's certainly close! How is it at performing these kind of passages?

I'm confident it can do this. Is this your piece? If you sent me a snippet of the midi file for the fast passage, I can load it in and render it, gives you a chance to hear what it sounds like :)

I'm confident it can do this. Is this your piece? If you sent me a snippet of the midi file for the fast passage, I can load it in and render it, gives you a chance to hear what it sounds like :)

Unfortunately not, it's a snippet from Hans Angels and Demons :). I have custom layered spic which can get close to this, but the sound isn't spot on yet, and the layering is tedious.

Love your composition in that track. Whats the round robins like? Many of em? Sorry for all the questions. ☺️

Unfortunately not, it's a snippet from Hans Angels and Demons :). I have custom layered spic which can get close to this, but the sound isn't spot on yet, and the layering is tedious.

Love your composition in that track. Whats the round robins like? Many of em? Sorry for all the questions. ☺

Ahhh, ok. I saw the name and thought it might be, but wanted to ask :) I think it sounds really great but I'm sure the spiccatisimo would help get it much closer to the original. You could still send me your midi file of that part. Would love to help.

I've used the "shorts" patch a lot in my other compositions to try to get close but the spiccatisimo is simply amazing. It has 21 dynamic layers at 5 round robins each. So lots of stuff to work with and NEVER get the machine gun effect. Incredibly natural and smooth as butter. My first go around with them made me feel like I could finally get a convincing chevaliers de sangreal from the Da Vinci Code.

I love to answer questions! Been using this library non stop since its release, so I feel very comfortable with it. Except when I move the library.... lol, the repair button never works for me and have to have Spitfire Support help me out. So now, it will stay on that drive for as long as I live!

Oh, you misunderstood me that clip uploaded is from the score.
I remember seeing /hearing Ashton's chevaliers de sangreal but it didn't show the pace heard here. If I had a midi I'd send it. :)

If I have time I'll recreate it, but I have a meeting tomorrow morning, therefore will unlikely have time to do it before the sale is up. I could wait though for the next sale to come around. :)

Oh, you misunderstood me that clip uploaded is from the score.
I remember seeing /hearing Ashton's chevaliers de sangreal but it didn't show the pace heard here. If I had a midi I'd send it. :)

If I have time I'll recreate it, but I have a meeting tomorrow morning, therefore will unlikely have time to do it before the sale is up. I could wait though for the next sale to come around. :)

I should probably just go to bed lol...

Keep in touch!

I took the plunge and bought HZStrings the other day. I think the soft, lush sound it offers is quite remarkable. Lots of chatter about how disappointed certain people were with it not being bombastic enough. I find it remarkably versatile. It also layers extremely well with SF Chamber Strings as people in this string referenced . If anyone is on the fence about purchasing, here's a little snippet of something I'm working on where I layer the two. It's just my acoustic guitar and HZS and Chamber Strings (and a little Harp Swarm).

Top Bottom