Hans Zimmer sample endorsements 2000s?

dr_dohh

hey guys, just couldn’t seem to recall what sample library/ies Hans Zimmer used to endorse in the early - mid 2000s. I only remember seeing them in Keyboard mag ads and I was wondering what happened to them today. I don’t even recall what format they were in - Halion perhaps? Giga? not Kontakt i think. Thanks!

tfishbein82

Perhaps you're remember this... Mr. Zimmer has contributed to a handful of Spectrasonics' products, including two guitar libraries and their current flagship offering, Omnisphere. You can find a little more information here.

Maybe the man himself could let you know. I think it's been some time since he has commented here, but @Rctec does visit.

Last edited:

DarkestShadow

If you're looking for HZ's piano sound - Art Vista's Malmsjö is all over his scores and he also mentioned it here several times.

Sonic Implants... which later became Sonivox I believe. It was a Giga orchestral library.
I doubt he'd recommend that today! :P But well, maybe a few patches here and there. Some sounds never get old, but as a workhorse library you can forget it by having looked at the features and having played with the Sonic Implants strings...

OP
D

dr_dohh

Thanks for the replies! @studioj and @DarkestShadow Yes i think sonic implants may be what I was referring to. And that's probably why I couldn't find any mention of it today - it's now part of Sonivox. I'm asking because I wanted to compare it to today's HZ strings which sound amazing.

@tfishbein82 yes! I love the distorted reality guitars from stylus/omnisphere. I like using it but with the number of libraries we have today i keep on forgetting I have it :P

chimuelo

Star Of Stage & Screen
If you're looking for HZ's piano sound - Art Vista's Malmsjö is all over his scores and he also mentioned it here several times.

I doubt he'd recommend that today! :P But well, maybe a few patches here and there. Some sounds never get old, but as a workhorse library you can forget it by having looked at the features and having played with the Sonic Implants strings...
GSIF and Native too.

chimuelo

Star Of Stage & Screen
Despite being a sample nerd I have no idea what you mean.. :confused:
Native as in everything we use these days, and GSIF was Gigastudio.
I was hoping the app would be upgraded to Chigastudio, Chiggabytes of RAM, but they played the game like Intel. AMD snuck up on them and whooped them. Kontakt did the same.

Too bad, it was a fantastic app and just getting started.
No competition leads to complacency.

DarkestShadow

Native as in everything we use these days, and GSIF was Gigastudio.
I was hoping the app would be upgraded to Chigastudio, Chiggabytes of RAM, but they played the game like Intel. AMD snuck up on them and whooped them. Kontakt did the same.

Too bad, it was a fantastic app and just getting started.
No competition leads to complacency.
I need beer too.. ehhh, well. :D

Well, I definitely heard the Tascam Nemesys Gigastudio Piano (what now? I have no idea haha) in some scores. Hannibal and The Ring. Glad I snatched one of the last CD's some time ago. Special tone.

Peter Satera

Hungry Member
I wouldn't mind finding out what drum kit you tend to hear in the likes of Broken Arrow, backdraft, drop zone, lion king (not the African drums) - you also hear machina and trevor rabin use them back then on the likes of Bad boys, con air and Armageddon. I imagine i'll get something close tho with Musical Sampling Medusa.