Hans Zimmer Percussion or DOTD bundle?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Brian Nowak, May 5, 2019.

1. Brian Nowak

Brian Nowak Active Member

Jan 9, 2018
    I'm looking to add some more natural sounding epic percussion to my arsenal. The Wishlist sale is coming and my plan was to pick up hz perc (not pro) but Drums of the Deep is currently on a pretty great discount and it's got me curious.

I can't fit both libraries on my hard drive, so it's one or the other. I've heard plenty of demos of hz perc. I've heard a few words of praise for DOTD, but haven't seen a lot of examples from people actually using it. In fact, it's troublingly quiet on that front - several trailer composers I know have never even heard of DOTD.

So I come to you folks. Right now the most of my natural sounding epic percussion is coming from Ark 3. While it has its place and I enjoy it, I'm looking for something in between Ark 3 and the other end of my epic percussion line (Heavyocity stuff, Strikeforce). So I felt HZ was a good middle ground. DOTD is obviously incredibly cheap by comparison right now, but it also seems like maybe it's unknown because it's really not all that great? Thoughts?

2. ProfoundSilence

ProfoundSilence Active Member

Dec 10, 2018
    DotD and DotD2 are great. If I had to delete that or HZP tomorrow I'd delete HZP

one thing I don't like is that they don't have a way to send the different mics to different outputs - but they are great sounding. HZP sounds really over saturated to me

3. OP
    OP
    Brian Nowak

Brian Nowak Active Member

Jan 9, 2018
    Do you have some examples of dotd you might be able to share?

Dex likes this.