What's new

Hans Zimmer - A Radical Notion - Mock-up

quickbrownf0x

I had fun once. It was awful.
Allright guys,

Here's my first attempt at mocking up something by ear in almost 2 decades. Had a blast. As expected - getting the synths right turned out to be the biggest challenge for me; still not 100% happy and the mix isn't stellar, but my head's about to fall off from trying to get there. So time for a break and some reflection. 😣 Maybe someone else'd like to give it a shot?

But a big thanks to @brenneisen, @miket, @Rob and @Bluemount Score for helping me out. Those brass stabs are the sh*t! :thumbsup:
Just for sh*ts and giggles I'll tag @Rctec as well.

Libraries used are;
- Cinematic Studio (Solo) Strings/Brass
- Spitfire Studio Strings/Brass Pro
- OT JXL Brass
- u-he Zebra2, DarkZebra, Hive
- Albion One (Percussion/Easter Island....)
- Spitfire Percussion

Anyway, here it is. Let me know what you think.

Oh, and here's the reference track.

Cheers,
qbf.

Attachments

• Radical_Notion_v1.1.mp3
    9 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Ah, didn't realize you were trying to recreate the synth pulse for a full mock-up. Sounds pretty good man!
Thanks. Yeah, a few days ago I think I came closer to it, but then I f*cked up, took a left turn somewhere and couldn't get it back. Should've left it alone, haha. It sounds too thin/tinny if you ask me.

Still thanks for the help :2thumbs:

Allright guys,

Here's my first attempt at mocking up something by ear in almost 2 decades. Had a blast. As expected - getting the synths right turned out to be the biggest challenge for me; still not 100% happy and the mix isn't stellar, but my head's about to fall off from trying to get there. So time for a break and some reflection. 😣 Maybe someone else'd like to give it a shot?

But a big thanks to @brenneisen, @miket, @Rob and @Bluemount Score for helping me out. Those brass stabs are the sh*t! :thumbsup:
Just for sh*ts and giggles I'll tag @Rctec as well.

Libraries used are;
- Cinematic Studio (Solo) Strings/Brass
- Spitfire Studio Strings/Brass Pro
- OT JXL Brass
- u-he Zebra2, DarkZebra, Hive
- Albion One (Percussion/Easter Island....)
- Spitfire Percussion

Anyway, here it is. Let me know what you think.

Oh, and here's the reference track.

Cheers,
qbf.

Will listen later!

Top Bottom