What's new

Hans Zimmer’s Dune

Wow that Dune Sketchbook is fantastic. Best thing I've heard from HZ in a while.

I'm guessing this is like the Dark Phoenix experiments and this is not the official soundtrack, right?

Alright i listened to the first track and mind killer.
I cannot quite express how balls to the wall excited i am to experience this in theatres. This is unbelievable. I really did not expect this caliber of music going off of Paul's Dream and Ripples in the Sand (dont get me wrong i loved both, but they sounded very Hans-like) -- This is a whole new beast

Mind killer, 5:54 --- i dont even have words, i almost had a car accident listening to this for the first time. Excited

The film is getting raves. Can’t wait to see it. It seems Hans rose to the occasion. Hardly a surprise.
EDIT:
The New York Times 'The score (by Hans Zimmer), sound and editing are all more daring than this genre usually allows: The aural soundscape and artsy crosscutting feel almost designed to draw you into a spice-induced trance.'....mission accomplished!!

Last edited:
The only proof I see here is that HZ employs the most exceptional sound engineering department.
Have you ever seen pictures of Thomas Edison’s engineering department? That’s a picture of the 2nd floor of building number 5. Do you suppose he was involved with the numerous people working there or just threw a bunch of college grads in and said, Have at it boys!

Hans Zimmer is an experimental composer/inventor. He has people creating sounds in numerous ways with sampling sessions of acoustic instruments, synth programming, and other traditional and non traditional sound creation. All at his direction and personal guidance. HE is directly in control of all of it. He needs several people just to catalogue the results.

You may be a huge fan of inefficiency but that’s because you haven’t dared to break barriers and limitations in order to further your art. You’re focusing on his process instead of the results. Results which justify it and not coincidentally, are entirely different - each time - as this film shows. Why is that? Because Hans is completely dominating the process. But who doesn’t know that? You only need two working ears to realize what a brilliant, unique, driven person it is that has devised a system recognized the world ‘round as one of the great achievements in creativity, technology and yes, organization, in a generation. Most importantly, he is one hell of a composer which is personally what I find most attractive in his music.

Attachments

• EF5267FE-85A8-48DF-9C66-FA70E5F9F438.jpeg
    EF5267FE-85A8-48DF-9C66-FA70E5F9F438.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Have you ever seen pictures of Thomas Edison’s engineering department? That’s a picture of the 2nd floor of building number 5. Do you suppose he was involved with the numerous people working there or just threw a bunch of college grads in and said, Have at it boys!

Hans Zimmer is an experimental composer/inventor. He has people creating sounds in numerous ways with sampling sessions of acoustic instruments, synth programming, and other traditional and non traditional sound creation. All at his direction and personal guidance. HE is directly in control of all of it. He needs several people just to catalogue the results.

You may be a huge fan of inefficiency but that’s because you haven’t dared to break barriers and limitations in order to further your art. You’re focusing on his process instead of the results. Results which justify it and not coincidentally, are entirely different - each time - as this film shows. Why is that? Because Hans is completely dominating the process. But who doesn’t know that? You only need two working ears to realize what a brilliant, unique, driven person it is that has devised a system recognized the world ‘round as one of the great achievements in creativity, technology and yes, organization, in a generation. Most importantly, he is one hell of a composer which is personally what I find most attractive in his music.
pointdhgfdg.gif

But nice post nonetheless.

The only proof I see here is that HZ employs the most exceptional sound engineering department.
have you heard any raw Hans demos for Dune? Maybe they already sounded pretty close to the final.
There is no proof one way or another. I've heard a bunch of mastered and mixed tracks that actually sounded worse to me than before depite experienced ans respected people working on them.

I certainly did not expect any pipes for Dune! As someone who read the book ages ago, and saw the... other film adaptation, I'm incredibly excited to see this. Certainly, a very unique and enthralling direction that Zimmer has gone with the score. Loving all of the various vocal stuff as well

Edit: Forgot to mention, but I really REALLY like how Shai-Halud sounds. Very big worm vibes. I wonder if the little pulses are meant to be thumpers?

Last edited:
I wonder if they are using the score on the slot machine:

RDScamr.jpg

Top Bottom