What's new

Hans Zimmer’s Dune / MIDI-Mock-up

Hey guys,

Here’s an arrangement/mock-up I put together of Hans’ dune score. Being a huge fan of the movie, this one was a blast to do. A free download for the MIDI file is available below if anyone is interested :)

MIDI File: https://bit.ly/3fAgagC

13:14 ! That's the longest mockup I've ever seen/heard, I think :) And of course it sounds superb!

I have not seen the movie, but even if it is not your notes, the attention to detail in this production from the sound design to the midi programming is just remarkable. Not sure how long it took you but it is clearly a fantastic result. Very well done.

This was just perfect. Loved it from finish to end. I can imagine the amount of work you put in this cause I'm working on a Dune suite mockup too. There's a lot going on in this. Absolutely great work

Very nice. I enjoyed listening to this over the film.
I'm a newbie here and don't like epic soundtracks. This was not that. I also like synthetics and some parts sounded synthetic to me. I can really appreciate good synthetic sound design blended well and used sparingly. I'm confused about the MIDI, did you write it yourself or was it available from another source?

Very nice. I enjoyed listening to this over the film.
I'm a newbie here and don't like epic soundtracks. This was not that. I also like synthetics and some parts sounded synthetic to me. I can really appreciate good synthetic sound design blended well and used sparingly. I'm confused about the MIDI, did you write it yourself or was it available from another source?
Thank you for listening. For the MIDI, there were no scores or pre existing MIDI files to use so I just did it from scratch by ear

Hey guys,

Here’s an arrangement/mock-up I put together of Hans’ dune score. Being a huge fan of the movie, this one was a blast to do. A free download for the MIDI file is available below if anyone is interested :)

MIDI File: https://bit.ly/3fAgagC

I am assuming that since you have shared the MIDI file, that you are okay with people using it. That is fantastic, since you obviously put a lot of work into it. A problem I have with the MIDI file is that instruments aren't assigned to the channels, leaving me with the problem of guessing which instrument goes with which channel (I am using Cakewalk Sonar). Another is that there seems to be a huge number of channels that goes with each instrument. Could you not have combined those channels? It would have made the composition a lot simpler than it is. Anyway, the composition you posted on YouTube is incredible.

Last edited:
Wow this is amazingly detailed. Can I ask what all you're using? I especially would like to know the synths and percussion.

Wow this is amazingly detailed. Can I ask what all you're using? I especially would like to know the synths and percussion.
Thanks Juulu! The synths are mostly The Dark Zebra from u-he, Omnisphere, and and the heavyocity gravity libs. Then I think the percussion is Strikeforce, Hz Percussion, and Ark 1/3.

Top Bottom