Handel 'Sarabande' Epic Orchestral Arrangement using Spitfire Hans Zimmer Strings

Hello everyone.

I have read in many forums about the difficulty of using 'Hans Zimmer Strings - Spitfire' in more 'classic' productions, so I wanted to do this experiment by producing the famous 'Sarabande' by George Frideric Handel using this library together with 'Forzo' for brass instruments and Spitfire Solo Strings for solos.

The intention was to create a classical orchestration but in a modern key and with modern textures.

Surely this library is a 'Monster' and it is not at all easy to manage its power, but I realized that working on dynamics, equalization and, in this case, on the release control, is one of those libraries that can be adapted to any style.

I hope this contribution can be useful for those who are still undecided about the purchase due to the conflicting opinions on the web.
(I have made available the download of the original file in high quality on soundcloud to be able to listen to it without compression)

Good listening,
Sarah.

Last edited:

Michael Stibor

My impression is that you did a great job of programming, and balancing, etc. But those samples sound extremely static and cold and have this robotic feel to them. I could see them working in a more 'epic' context, but yeah I'm really not feeling it here.

OP
Sarah De Carlo
My impression is that you did a great job of programming, and balancing, etc. But those samples sound extremely static and cold and have this robotic feel to them. I could see them working in a more 'epic' context, but yeah I'm really not feeling it here.
Thanks for your opinion.