Hamlisch Contest 2020

lydian91

Hi folks, I'm curious if anyone has already registered for the contest.

I've really enjoyed participating in past years because of the animated shorts they provided. They've had 3 or 4 of these at least. In 2018, I registered again assuming this would be the case, but they switched to a very slow-moving live action documentary. If I remember, they skipped 2019.

I think 2017 had multiple winners, or the selection process was too difficult at the end or something. The 2018 documentary was much more challenging, so I understand why they chose it; however, I personally found the film to be very uninspiring, so I chose not to submit. While they of course have the right to choose whatever films they want, I was disappointed—especially after shelling out the $75 registration fee.

All to say, for anyone who has registered, would you be willing to disclose the vibe of this year's film? Perhaps a short description and/or a screen shot? I would like to enter again, but I am not willing to shell out $75 without any idea of what the film will be.

Cathbad

All these "contests" and "competitions" are no other way than to make a buck for those who are organizing the event. 75 to participate give me a break.

TRUE contests are free to enter and are being sponsored...
100% agreed.

It's pay to play for composers.