What's new

Guitar chugs and rhythmic effects

Hey guys,

Are there any libraries which have a good collection of rhythmic guitar effects, things like chugging the strings while the left hand mutes them. Maybe some more of those metallically sounding rhythms too?

Let me know if anything comes to mind please, need them on a cue today. I could record some but my guitar tones are kind of ass currently.

-DJ

Hey guys,

Are there any libraries which have a good collection of rhythmic guitar effects, things like chugging the strings while the left hand mutes them. Maybe some more of those metallically sounding rhythms too?

Let me know if anything comes to mind please, need them on a cue today. I could record some but my guitar tones are kind of ass currently.

-DJ

Shreddage 2? Maybe Shreddage 3? I know that Shreddage 2 has a ton of palm mutes, squeals, pulloffs, etc. I personally like it a LOT.

Mike

Reggae Guitar by Sounds and Effects. See https://www.sampleism.com/soundsandeffects/product/the-reggae-guitar

Might need to make a library of this but wouldn’t know where to start. 25 years and counting on the guitar.

@Daniel James if you ever need someone to do a guitar part for you, would be happy to help.

Audio Imperia Trailer Guitars 2 would suit. As long as you don't deviate too far in pitch from the original samples. The loops are not multi-sampled I believe.

Daniel made a choice, but for anyone interested in that topic, there is also Goth from Big Fish Audio, that is very sweet for adding metal vibes into score. I did a short demo a few years ago :

It's easy to use and sound good on tracks but it's not a deeply multisampled instrument.
I would not pick it for very exposed guitar part, (like I did in this demo...)

What about Iron from UJam?
It's actually quite good. I was skeptical because the demos seemed a little too midi for me and I'm so used to working with real guitarists however I picked it up on sale one day and it has turned out to be very useful. My favorite for sound quality are still the NI strummed series guitars but the Ujam interface is quite user friendly and super flexible and I love how you can go from open to muted with simple move of the modwheel. Whoever thought that one up deserves a gold star.

Top Bottom