What's new

Guess The Soundsource..?

I think you give it away at 0:10 with the low e to d glissando

(I edited and erased my spoiling first answer)

Last edited:
I happen to know what it is, but I'm very curious what the original recording sounds like and how you achieved this sound. It's quite beautiful and melancholy :)

I happen to know what it is, but I'm very curious what the original recording sounds like and how you achieved this sound. It's quite beautiful and melancholy :)
Well, it is the original sound, I just grabbed a few tonal bits, mapped them in Kontakt so that it plays across the whole keyboard range and added reverb. ;) Then just some minor sample start and attack adjustments

Well, it is the original sound, I just grabbed a few tonal bits, mapped them in Kontakt so that it plays across the whole keyboard range and added reverb. ;) Then just some minor sample start and attack adjustments

You have a very special [REDACTED] then, mine don't sound anywhere close to those bends 😄

I'm not savvy enough to guess but the sound is enchanting and I'd like to know what it's sourced from.
It's a squeaking chair with no processing except reverb and slight pitch bend movement ;) Just some tonal bits selected from the recording and dropped into kontakt to stretch it across a playable range. 2 patches, one for the short arp and the other for the texture/pad

It's a squeaking chair with no processing except reverb and slight pitch bend movement ;) Just some tonal bits selected from the recording and dropped into kontakt to stretch it across a playable range. 2 patches, one for the short arp and the other for the texture/pad
That's both beautiful and hilarious.

Top Bottom