Guess The Soundsource..?

DarkestShadow

What could be the soundsource of this? All sounds have the same type of source and are almost unprocessed recordings. Just some selected samples thrown into Kontakt, little bit of attack and sample start adjustment and reverb. That's all. Then just playing with it. :D

Jerry Growl

Composing Music in the Plastic Dark Ages
I think you give it away at 0:10 with the low e to d glissando

(I edited and erased my spoiling first answer)

Last edited:

Snarf

I happen to know what it is, but I'm very curious what the original recording sounds like and how you achieved this sound. It's quite beautiful and melancholy :)

OP
DarkestShadow

DarkestShadow

I happen to know what it is, but I'm very curious what the original recording sounds like and how you achieved this sound. It's quite beautiful and melancholy :)
Well, it is the original sound, I just grabbed a few tonal bits, mapped them in Kontakt so that it plays across the whole keyboard range and added reverb. ;) Then just some minor sample start and attack adjustments

Snarf

Well, it is the original sound, I just grabbed a few tonal bits, mapped them in Kontakt so that it plays across the whole keyboard range and added reverb. ;) Then just some minor sample start and attack adjustments
You have a very special [REDACTED] then, mine don't sound anywhere close to those bends 😄