What's new

Gromposer VLOG - Episode #3 - Hollywood, How To Pitch and Collaborate!

tmhuud

Brown Belt
Yeah we call those people (shorts and t-shirt kind) SQUIDS. And I am very comfortable on a bike, used to race motocross and have ridden on the road for like 10 years. The only real thing that I needed to figure out was driving on the wrong side of the road, but I am pretty comfortable with it now. Still learning the extremities of my new bike but its starting to feel like a nice worn in pair of shoes ;)

-DJ
I'll tell you something man. I do NOT want to over represent riding a motorcycle in Los Angeles. I was told by a few people that I should take my martial arts, Motorbiking and piano playing and choose ONE. Well, I said Fuck that. I want it all right? Anyways, there is some truth to what they have said. I've busted fingers in martial arts and I've ground down a finger in a crash on a showroom test bike (hence the new hand guards on my ZERO!) so please RIDE safe. The CHP courses can really save a life. I'm semi-miserable during the heat waves but I still wear full body armor. LEATT sells body armor and neck braces that were designed by an orthopedic surgeon so he knows what he's doing with safety gear. Revzilla.com is your best friend for accessories. And something good I've noticed, I believe internet awareness has lent a lot to Motorcycle awareness amongst Drivers in LA. (and probably all over the world) I am seeing more and more courtesy and respect shown conscientious riders. In fact, I've experienced MORE courtesies given motorbikes than bicycles.

And bicycles are not exempt from needing to take cautions. I had an architect friend call me up (he's probably 30ish) and said he was laid up with a broken collar bone from riding his bike in LA. He's a VERY experienced rider. He was clipping along at a pretty good pace and he hit a very small patch of sand. Now he's fucked up until he heals up.

If your on a super hi-torque bike (like I am) traction is the most dangerous thing. Even those white painted safety steps they paint the roads with (lane dividers, STOP bars, Crosswalk lines, etc) are slicker thats you think.

A life changing article I read was in one of my biker magazines (I think RevZilla reprinted it) It said basically the ONLY thing that matters is that you get to your destination in one piece. How fast, how clever, how slick, how much tread you insist on wiping clean off the sides of your tires) NONE of that matters. Just getting to your friends and loved ones (or just plain home) in ONE piece is ALL that matters.

Cheers

OP
Daniel James

Daniel James

A Nice Guy
I'll tell you something man. I do NOT want to over represent riding a motorcycle in Los Angeles. I was told by a few people that I should take my martial arts, Motorbiking and piano playing and choose ONE. Well, I said Fuck that. I want it all right? Anyways, there is some truth to what they have said. I've busted fingers in martial arts and I've ground down a finger in a crash on a showroom test bike (hence the new hand guards on my ZERO!) so please RIDE safe. The CHP courses can really save a life. I'm semi-miserable during the heat waves but I still wear full body armor. LEATT sells body armor and neck braces that were designed by an orthopedic surgeon so he knows what he's doing with safety gear. Revzilla.com is your best friend for accessories. And something good I've noticed, I believe internet awareness has lent a lot to Motorcycle awareness amongst Drivers in LA. (and probably all over the world) I am seeing more and more courtesy and respect shown conscientious riders. In fact, I've experienced MORE courtesies given motorbikes than bicycles.

And bicycles are not exempt from needing to take cautions. I had an architect friend call me up (he's probably 30ish) and said he was laid up with a broken collar bone from riding his bike in LA. He's a VERY experienced rider. He was clipping along at a pretty good pace and he hit a very small patch of sand. Now he's fucked up until he heals up.

If your on a super hi-torque bike (like I am) traction is the most dangerous thing. Even those white painted safety steps they paint the roads with (lane dividers, STOP bars, Crosswalk lines, etc) are slicker thats you think.

A life changing article I read was in one of my biker magazines (I think RevZilla reprinted it) It said basically the ONLY thing that matters is that you get to your destination in one piece. How fast, how clever, how slick, how much tread you insist on wiping clean off the sides of your tires) NONE of that matters. Just getting to your friends and loved ones (or just plain home) in ONE piece is ALL that matters.

Cheers

Thanks for the heads up man, and yeah the drivers here are actually very aware of bikers (putting on a louder exhaust helps in making sure they know I am there) and yeah I drive like a granny when I see sand, or damp patches on the roads (and avoid paint like the plague, particularly near the beach where the air is damp)

As for the question about high torque....its a Honda Grom, my nan has more torque in her stair lift XD I have strong impact armour for my torso and kevlar lined and armored jeans. I am as safe as I can be. I will take on board what you said tho and I appreciate the concern :)

-DJ

Top Bottom