What's new

Greetings from Germany

Dementum

Hey Everyone,

Longtime lurker here but I want to get more involved. I only started composing about 9 month ago but my music background reaches much further back.

My first real instrument (sorry, but recorders dont count for me ^^) was the piano which I started playing with 8 years, followed by drum, saxophone and electric bass. I then got a Music Workstation for my 16th birthday which gave me my first glimps into creating music with several instruments arranged by myself. I also picked up my sisters guitare and eversince try to learn to play both the accoustic and electric version but I would say I fail horribly. During my university time I ended up beeing a choir director for 6 years for which I did all the arranging and conducting (80 person choir). For my graduation I bought myself a clarinet where I still take lessons in. So yeah. Quite a wild ride on the music side.

After moving town for a job and not made many new musical contacts around here I started making music in my homestudio again which brought me to sampeling. And this is why I am here now. so yeah: I hope I can contribute somehow but also learn. So far I am mostly writing for myself but I plan to release a few things once I am completly happy with the end product.
I am also trying to mix things up between sampled instruments and real ones. I have a few build projects regarding a recording space for the future.

gh0stwrit3r

Welcome! You sound like a very musical person. Do you write music for choirs? I find that always very difficult somehow ...

OP
Dementum

Dementum

Welcome! You sound like a very musical person. Do you write music for choirs? I find that always very difficult somehow ...
I have done quite a few choir arrangements in my life and when writing with sampled choir I often try to concider how I would write for real singers. Eventhough I am not conducting anymore I still arange for other choirs, mostly acapella pop and rock.

Top Bottom