What's new

Great music of the world nobody knows about

Njava, Madagascar band (I think living in Belgium), the whole 'Vetse' album - where this song comes from- is wonderful:

That's just insane. Jeez, these guys can count. Even when you think you get in the groove, they throw in an extra beat. Or drop it, of course.

Pretty mental indeed, the groove seems almost sloppy at times but very natural, to the point where they seem to be playing in 13/8 during the accordion solo, but its still a 7! Can we have a Clarinet VI like this please? :)

This is the best composition during the whole year 2002. While MTV in West was busy with all the a..-shakers, the East came up with this diamond composition called 拯救, which translates to ”rescue”, its a desperate theme. As can be heard.

Last edited:
”I stand before the Lord of Song, with nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah. Hallelujah....

(Hong Kong)

LIVE! You need to hear this.

Great cover of Chandelier (Sia). Cover by Alexander Stewart. Canadian? wow.

Last edited:
The Chimneys are Frozen

Πάγωσ’ η τσιμινιέρα

Last edited:
This Japense composer (Hidekazu Wakabayashi) invented the concept of ''Iceface Scale''

'' The concept of Iceface Tuning is to tune every sharp and flat note in each key 50 cents higher. These highered notes are now quarter tones called "ice notes" in Iceface Tuning. You can use these ice notes mainly as passing notes and grace notes and give detune and doubling-like effects to specific notes of the melody and chord tones in the composition/performance. ''

I think it's super interesting.

This is an amazing thread!!! Thanks, everybody. Mine is an Andean musica with lots of different guitar-like things and quick vocals in Spanish. Musica de los llaneros, or South American herders.

I went to Venezuela to photograph birds and plants and animals and almost die on a cable car system.

This stuff was on the radio everywhere. During the rule of Hugo Chavez, there were billboards everywhere that were blobbed with cow poop. The people and their world endlessly entranced me. Every bit of my skin is electrified and I'm near tears listening again:

Last edited:
Industrial musicals! These were shows commissioned by corporations to entertain and pump up (and indoctrinate) their staff. Often they had much, much larger budgets than Broadway shows. There's a great book and documentary about them at industrialmusicals.com

A few choice cuts:

Top Bottom