What's new

Glory Days

I did a review of the library a few months ago. Sascha’s demo is incredible, but again he did a wonderful job mixing the track. The sound out of the box is a little less lively, and so needs some work to really get the best sound possible out of it.

The consistency across articulations is a big plus, so you can record a part with keyswitches and copy/paste the part to another multi instrument without much tweaking. You can get the instruments fairly dry as well, using the spot mics and turning down the release.

I do get some hanging notes here and there, so that can be annoying at times during playback. I would have also loved if they recorded a really quick & aggressive vibrato, but I think that can be mimicked with some pitch shifting.

All in all, I think it’s pretty comprehensive, and you can create some convincing lines from this library!

I purchased Glory Days about a month ago for some jazzy scores for animation. I was pulled in by the company's reputation and the stunning demos. I like the wah, shake, etc. effects, which I needed for some animation projects. On the plus side, they do have a lot of settings you can tweak in each VI but that is not always helpful (see below).

On the downside, I don't understand why all of the VIs load with a really wet setting. The room sound is pretty but way too much for jazz. The other downside of the wet recordings is that even the close mics have a lot of room sound. So when I try to use the release setting to shorten the notes, I'm also chopping the reverb! :emoji_face_palm:

I've had some issues with stuck notes and even some VI's that seem to randomly flip between articulations. There is not a lot of range in the dynamics cross fades. The multis seem to have only two alternations in the short notes. However, I found up to 5 alternations (round robins) in the individual short note VIs. Unfortunately that makes the multi way less useful for me. Especially the trumpets.

I'm still exploring Glory Days so maybe I'll find more to like after I dig a little deeper.

Last edited:
wondering what folks are doing, or rather what I am not doing, as I have yet to hear a problem with the number of round robins. I've had stuck notes, haven't (yet) had the random artics, and while I can certainly hear limits in dynamic range, they aren't posing problems for me.

I don't own Mojo2, and I am really curious about it, but I'm not convinced it will help me improve my writing for horn sections. Or will it??? Dang!

I purchased Glory Days about a month ago for some jazzy scores for animation. I was pulled in by the company's reputation and the stunning demos.

I like the wah, shake, etc. effects. I'm quite disappointed by the lack of round robins, the stuck notes and even some VI's that seem to randomly flip between articulations. There is also not a lot of range in the dynamics cross fades. I found that's true of a lot of products from other companies too.

Of all the issues, the one I'm most puzzled about is the lack of round robins. That's so 1999! I think I might have been happier with Mojo but I'm still exploring Glory Days so maybe I'll find more to like.

This is really interesting. I was thinking about Glory Days, but the price is so high. I grabbed Mojo2 as a gamble, since I haven't always love the Vir2 instruments in the past. We shall see, but the feedback was good enough on it I gave it a shot. I have Enspire from OT, and I would have guessed the library wouldn't have had those quirks.

Does anyone know how to stop these hanging notes? I can mute and then unmute the patch and the hanging notes stop, but when I again press a long sustain note, the hanging starts up again. This is affecting multiple instruments in the library. I have emailed OS Support multiple times over the last month or so about this and they say that it takes time to recreate the issue, even though I sent them the an nkm patch and audio file of what was happening. I can see that it is quite a common issue with the library...are OS responsive at fixing patches? This is my first library from them, not impressed with their support so far I have to say.

...The room sound is pretty but way too much for jazz. The other downside of the wet recordings is that even the close mics have a lot of room sound. So when I try to use the release setting to shorten the notes, I'm also chopping the reverb!...
I'm planning to pick this up on the next sale (reissue on SINE?). I agree that Teldex is just a little too big and verby for this kind of a library, too bad. But judging from the video's, love the agressive playing style. Should work well in Cinematic style also...

Reactions: cug
I don’t have first-hand experience with this library, but I think it's important to point out that this is primarily a swing library. This includes all the popular music from the 30s through the 50s. Sinatra, Nat Cole, Ella, etc. You listen to those records, the room sound is essential.

The dry sound doesn't hit till the bebop and hard bop eras. Dizzie, Bird, Trane, etc. used smaller groups so separation was much easier to achieve. They played closer to the mics in smaller rooms.

Anyone else using Glory Days? Very few demos to be found! If anyone is using it and has any samples/opinions they'd wish to share, I would be very grateful :)

One person's perspective... I picked it up with the hopes of using it for rock/funk horn sections mostly. And I still believe that it can do that sort of thing, but I haven't matured sufficiently as a writer to write the stuff.

It is a brilliant library! I love the sound of all their libraries (even the newest one<G>), and I think their articulation management system is rational - there has yet to be a brilliant one.) They have, for me at least, included all the necessary instruments and articulations.

I don't regret the purchase one bit, even though I have yet to write something I'd share. Again that's me, not the library.

The only caveat I'd offer is that it is a VERY deep library, and therefore the learning curve is kinda steep. I thought that about my first horns library (CHH Compact) too. Something about horns?

If you need a great horns library for rock, funk, big bands, theatre pits, etc then this is a fantastic choice. If purchasing the library won't break the bank I'd say go for it. It may be some time before you produce anything like

Since I don't own them all I can't compare them to all, but I can say that I continue to use the library, or at least try to use the library. I've yet to come up with anything as good as their demo, but the library keeps me trying, if that makes sense, and in that sense it was worth every penny.

I use it a lot with a multi script divisi patch , the saxes sound great for paddy chords at very low dynamic range but yes hanging notes is a real bummer.
Also a shame not to be able to reduce the roomzize . First thing I have to do on loading any OT stuff is mute the tree annoyingly although I havent tried reducing the release yet.

I still enjoy the library for occasional use! It does take a lot of fiddling to sound decently convincing though, hence why I don’t use it as much atm.

If I remember correctly Daniel James did a 9 hour stream on twitch about a year ago where he composed the track "Mild Cheese" and he used Glory Days quite sufficiently in that stream.

Top Bottom