What's new

Giving Play another try

Maronier

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 16.38.58.png

Hi,
like mentioned in the title, I'm again looking at Play, would like to layer some strings, thought about HS. Does anybody have an idea how to fix this? It says that there is no path for Diamond while I'm trying to create a path for Gold.

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 16.44.07.png

And this, thought that while figuring out how to get HS Gold to work I will look at Symphony Orchestra Platinum. But there is no lib with that name to choose from.

I might be totally missing the obvious (like I said, it's more then 2 years ago that I used play for the last time) but does someone know how to resolve these issues?

Thanks in advance!

there's a video about the first issue, and I think there's a knowledge post too. try soundsonline.com and look for "support"

I think it's under frequently asked questions.

there's a video about the first issue, and I think there's a knowledge post too. try soundsonline.com and look for "support"

I think it's under frequently asked questions.

Ok, thanks a lot for the fast reply, will take a look.

Ok, I looked again at the knowledge posts and videos and created several Favorite paths for other libs (which do work) but the issue with HS Gold remains, as well with the Symphonic platinum orchestra.

Thanks again if someone has an idea.

Try this: On the Mac, go to your root library > Application Support > EastWest and in the ProductChunks folder delete the files ending in .ewl.

Then open Play in standalone mode and add the libraries, pointing them to the proper instrument directories.

Try this: On the Mac, go to your root library > Application Support > EastWest and in the ProductChunks folder delete the files ending in .ewl.

Then open Play in standalone mode and add the libraries, pointing them to the proper instrument directories.

Ashermusic, thanks so much for the response. I did what you said but, still the same window popping up. And like I said, other libs like Stormdrum2/ Gypsy etc. are working.

Anyways, I will report when I find a solution.

Thanks guys!

Are you sure you still have the library's samples installed? Or maybe they could be updated, if you haven't used them for a while. It's conceivable that there is some new / differently labeled content that your search engine / PLAY can't find.

Are you sure you still have the library's samples installed? Or maybe they could be updated, if you haven't used them for a while. It's conceivable that there is some new / differently labeled content that your search engine / PLAY can't find.

:2thumbs:
I did update before, but apparently made a mistake. I did it again and put the new samples in the right place and it works.
So, guys, thank you so much.
JohnG, thank you for that last suggestion.

Hope you both are doing fine and take care!

Regarding your Orchestra Platinum question - Platinum is the one listed as Symphonic Orchestra Brass, Percussion, Woodwinds and Percussion.

- Piotr

I had the same problem so I contacted EW support.
The solution is sample: you need to put the insturments and the samples folders into the same folder.

Edit: no, I made a mistake, this is not the same error I had, because I had HS platinum...

Regarding your Orchestra Platinum question - Platinum is the one listed as Symphonic Orchestra Brass, Percussion, Woodwinds and Percussion.

- Piotr

Hi Piotr and dreamnight92,
thanks a lot guys, will look into that tomorrow. I will try to link to them separately, and maybe put them into a combined folder like Dreamnight mentioned. (and I got that you talked about HS platinum- but there might be a pattern there..)

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer!

Top Bottom