What's new

(Giveaway - GONE!). I have a voucher for $50 off of Falcon

I also have the $50 voucher from a Touche. I guess I should dig in to some videos/reviews. I just don't need/want another Omnisphere (which I got rid of), Falcon looks a lot deeper/distinctive than Omni?

I just don't need/want another Omnisphere (which I got rid of), Falcon looks a lot deeper/distinctive than Omni?
It is not Omni. You won’t be forever preset browsing. *) Well… you could but this is not a huge third party preset universe. Falcon invites you to create your own synths, with its full and rich feature set and its flexible and creative architecture. It can also be a VERY capable sampler, if that’s your thing.

Maybe check some of the tutorials or some of Cameron’s videos on his VenusTheory YT channel.

*) Not a dig at Omni! Love it & although I personally do not own it I have been lucky enough to work with it many times. Great synth.

And the rare digital synth nerd, which is my tribe! ;)
I'm a combo case. Mainly wanted to stress the geek appeal. For anyone considering Falcon, it's very deep, hardly intuitive and there's a definite learning curve. RTFM should be a pre-requisite. For anyone who finds that off-putting, seriously think twice! That being said, I have a gazillion soft synths including HALion which is Falcon's closest competitor and Equator2 ("Falcon light", the fate which is up in the air) and Falcon is still my desert island go-to.

I also have the $50 voucher from a Touche. I guess I should dig in to some videos/reviews. I just don't need/want another Omnisphere (which I got rid of), Falcon looks a lot deeper/distinctive than Omni?
Both are great but for me they’re quite different. Both are very capable synths with samples but Falcon is much deeper in the sample realm.
Omni besides having more content and available presets also has a much wider base of available 3rd party presets. Yes Omni can utilize samples but not on the level of Falcon. Falcon as great as it is is still somewhat niche and under-rated. It strangely hasn’t never really caught on with users or preset and content developers like Omni or Kontakt.
To me they are both very capable sample-synths with different implementation and objectives.

Top Bottom