What's new

Gigabyte x58 ud4 and windows 10

thanks! :)
what about video cards? my video card is not officially supported by W10. Will i be able to set full HD resolution 1920x1080?
i don't need games or similar... :)

a little update:
i have successfullly installed win10 on my MoBo. I have a very old Radeon card HD 3450. I hav eno problems at all!
thanks everyone!

PS: I have made two separate win10 installations, on two SSD partitions, to keep separated the "standard" OS, from the "music/DAW" OS.

I have an old machine with i7 920 and an Asus Rampage II. Win 10 ran, but the CPU made noise. Not the fan, but the actual CPU. After a bunch of research, i learned that it had something to do with CPU power management options in Win 10. Only way to tame it was to control the max processor state. Basically, under clock the CPU. So, it's now a Linux box.

Unrelated to your question, but illustrates that old systems are not always compatible.

I have an old machine with i7 920 and an Asus Rampage II. Win 10 ran, but the CPU made noise. Not the fan, but the actual CPU. After a bunch of research, i learned that it had something to do with CPU power management options in Win 10. Only way to tame it was to control the max processor state. Basically, under clock the CPU. So, it's now a Linux box.

Unrelated to your question, but illustrates that old systems are not always compatible.

Odd, my Q6600 runs fine. Then again that processor uses a lot of watts to make an AMD Phenom II jealous. After all of these years my Intel Q6600 with an Intel board is the most stable system I ever had. I still put DAW software on it. I'm sure it would bog down since it runs at 2.39ghz.

Top Bottom