What's new

Giga Wish List

Ed

What features do people want to see in Gigastudio?

I'll start by saying....

1. Unlimited sampe start offset : Can anyone explain why there is a limit in the first place? :roll:

2. K2-like scripting. Theres just too much benefit to scripting now. This needs to be done if Giga has a chance of staying on top. Its very important now for developers and for orchestral libraries, and since Giga is marketed as the orchestral composers choice they really should have this.

Now, lets talk about your suggestions! Feel free to elaborate on mine if you want.

Ed

One thing I would like to see is an equivalent to Kontakt's Time Machine. Very useful sometimes.

Completely honest and serious:

I would like to see another alternative version of GS3 - a VSTi version!!

Honestly, there are a bunch of people who have no problems to run GS with it's Kernel technology but I never, and I mean that serious, I never have read so many posts about people who have so many, and the weirdest problems, with GS (especially BSODs). I mean K2 might look ugly, but I never had system crashes because of K2. K2 leaves the user to his decision. Standalone or VSTi and thats already really helpful.

So I think it would be so damn cool to have a VSTi version which wouldn't run on kernel mode.

I mean, come one, in GS everyone is saying that you can load 50000 instruments at once - where is the reason in that when it's not really working (for a lot of people). Let's make music and don't be system admins.

With this option people could decide what to use!

Yes Waywyn I agree.

I would like to see GS get out of the system kernel. It basically means that you can't run anything on the machine without some sort of problem. That's been my experience anyway.

Back in the day when Gigasampler was running on 266mgz machines I could see the advantage of running along side the operating system. Perhaps back then it was the only way to get the kind of performance you needed to run the app. Now with computers as fast as they are K2 has proven that you can get the same performance without getting down to the kernel.

For me it's too risky to have something running that deep into the kernel of the os.

GVI is the plug-in version of GigaStudio that doesn't run in the kernel. It's feature shy because the DAW does many of the DSP station features.

As for the rest of the feature requests, of course I can't comment on future product releases. So I'll have to stay quiet in this thread.

My wish list... (a dollar short and a day late since I basically abandoned GIga about 2 months ago):

1) Real Time editing in the the instrument... I shouldn't have to go into a separate application to edit my programs... I shouldn't have to "load" them after edits...etc... this all seems so archaic to me.

2) Better editing interface....

3) scripting... I can't live without it now that I've experienced it.

4) Dynamic sample start-time offsets(put in a sampler mode if you have to do it).

5) Real Time "Time stretching" would be nice

6) Be able to modulate anything from anything... (maybe this can already be done... but I was so put off by Gigas editor over the years that I never delved into it enough.)

7) GET RID OF KERNEL CRAP.... computers are much faster these days... I don't think it is necessary.

If all this was done... and it was stable... I would consider going back to Giga.

Cheers,

T

#1, 2, 6 might be addressed by opening the QuickEdit window. GVI doesn't run in the kernel and has QuickEdit.

Scripting: stay tuned.

Top Bottom