Get all 3 arks or not?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Goldie Zwecker, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:38 AM.

1. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    I would like to hear more. I’ve had such difficulty finding my way into Ark 3.

2. KallumS

KallumS Member

Jul 26, 2018
  3. Parsifal666

Parsifal666 I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    I don't own 3, and am honestly interested why?

4. Mister Jös

Mister Jös Member

Nov 16, 2018
    Thank you @jbuhler and @Parsifal666 for your very helpful posts in all those Ark-threads! :)
    Would you describe the combination of Ark 1 + 2 as versatile? I saw that there is some discussion around that and some say they are more versatile than you would initially think. But the demos are mostly very dark and epic stuff (which make totally sense since it is marketed as such a library). Is ist possible to get a more dry or intimate sound by just using the close mics?

Parsifal666 likes this.
  5. Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    Yes, plus messing with the release. But there's always a bit of room sound...for me, the room sound in the Arks is far easier to complement with other libraries than the Albions. But that's just me.

Mister Jös likes this.
  6. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    I feel boxed in by the library. The atonal clusters are not generally the pitch cells I use or the voicings I prefer. The loud stuff doesn’t sit well in my mixes.

Henu, Mister Jös and Parsifal666 like this.
  7. Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    Those are good reasons!

jbuhler likes this.
  8. Henu

Henu Senior Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Finland
    The more I read these comments on Ark 2 and watch the walkthrough, it seems it's definitely a must-buy for me.

9. MartinH.

MartinH. Senior Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Why? Presumably you already have plenty of libraries that cover lower dynamics?

10. Henu

Henu Senior Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Finland
    Yes- but I'm really a sucker for lower-dynamic and ominous orchestral stuff. :D

And it has a lot of instruments doing those things which I generally don't have at all, e.g. Wagner Tubas, Euphoniums and things like that. Compared to Ark 1, which I find too "generic" and Ark 3 which seems to be a bit too "heavy" for my taste, this is the only Ark that interests me, and it seems to interest me surprisingly much compared to my usual habits. There's definitely something in this one that attracts me a lot!

sostenuto, funnybear and MartinH. like this.