Get 80% off SONIBLE frei:raum - Unlimited Possibilities

APD

SONIBLE offers frei:raum, a smart EQ plugin for just $59 (80% off!).

frei:raum is the tool for complex or time critical mixing tasks.

The highly specialized signal processing of frei:raum allows mixing engineers to easily improve the spectral balance of a whole mix or match the spaciousness of individual tracks in projects of any size.

Youtube Playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG6I4viTiE-LAI3PdOwVb8z-ac2l5ygfJ

More information here: https://audioplugin.deals

Last edited:

Trusong

It's the first time I hear about this. The price looks right. Anyone can give some opinions about this?

Pschelfh

Ordered but not yet received, so I don't have a definitive opinion yet. But it sounded great in the walkthrough I saw. Also read some reviews and the only downside seems to be that it's heavy on the processor, but I have a newly build pc, so that shouldn't be a problem.
The 3 processes seem very unique and the price is great.

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
Been waiting for a sale a long time. First $400, later $300, still too expensive. Now this sale at $59 for all three parts is great.
The first part (“smart EQ”j is like the iZotope Neutron EQ on steroids.
I have to admit I am teased...:) Could you make wet string libraries dryer with it? Would be awesome.
Yep, the second part (“proximity”) allows you to control room distance and reduce reverb. I’m particularly into the third part (“entropy”) for separating tonal harmonics from impact sounds on a guitar or tuned percussion.

rrichard63

Perpetual Novice
... Could you make wet string libraries dryer with it? ...
This is a difficult task. There are several other options, among them Acon Digital DeVerberate, Plugin Alliance SPL De-Verb Plus, Zynaptiq Unveil, and Izotope RX 6. I'm not an experienced user of any of them, but I'll wager that none are entirely satisfactory. frei:raum might indeed be useful as an alternative to them -- or to try in series with one of them.

The same point might also apply to the entropy:EQ module as a supplement and/or alternative to transient processors. Or even de-essers?

But I think it would be very time consuming to evaluate this properly (Sonible does offer a demo version on their website). For this price I'm tempted to buy it without much further study on the grounds that it will be very useful for something, someday.

gregh

I am interested at this price - looks like a great timesaver. But most of the reviews I have seen use it on pop or rock material - has anyone any experience using frei:raum on string or woodwind quartets or similar?

Trusong

Been waiting for a sale a long time. First $400, later $300, still too expensive. Now this sale at $59 for all three parts is great.

Yep, the second part (“proximity”) allows you to control room distance and reduce reverb. I’m particularly into the third part (“entropy”) for separating tonal harmonics from impact sounds on a guitar or tuned percussion.
I didn't upgrade to Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 because of the expensive upgrade prices. If you're right about this being Neutron on steroids, I'll clearly have to try it, at a more affordable price.

Pschelfh

Someone else already who ordered and got their download link and license from Sonible?
I ordered yesterday, but still nothing in my mail...I guess they must be busy now.

babylonwaves

Darth Fader
the entropy section is great. i use it all the time

rvb

Someone else already who ordered and got their download link and license from Sonible?
I ordered yesterday, but still nothing in my mail...I guess they must be busy now.
Check out your orders tab on the plugindeals website. You'll probably find it there.

Grizzlymv

Check also your junk emails. for some reasons in my case they all ended up there. but it took just few minutes to proceed. however I did register on sonible web site prior to purchase it, so I did not bought it as guest as recommended in the email I received from Audioplugins.

Pschelfh

Thanks for the suggestions! I already had a quick response from audioplugindeals and Sonible, all is ok now. ;)

Quasar

Hey Frank, what's the CP on this?

I'm leery of magical audio plugs, and naively tend to think of an EQ as an EQ as an EQ... Already have Ozone, Neutron, not mention more cheap and free plugs than I can count. I also read a review that used the phrase "steep learning curve" and I'm just a piano player... But if it really does all of the things mentioned differently and better, I might spend yet more money and try to give it a go at this price point. I dunno...

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
Works fine on my 2012 i7 but I guess it’s quite hungry if you use it throughout, yet so are iZotope and Zynaptiq. It’s wonderful for acoustics, and don’t see it as (just) an EQ. It also works as a regular EQ if you want, and does a great job at that, but for me it’s the Zynaptiq style of creativity I’m craving for. These plugins inspire. Check the three vids (smart EQ, proximity and entropy) and you’ll see why I got hooked. And $59 is, well, crazy.

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
And this is a vid from Sampleconstruct with a Russian choir:
Zynaptiq is still my main source for creative plugins, but this one's quite remarkable in the way it learns and suggests EQ, distance and sonic character.