What's new

FXpansion Cypher 2

FYI, there is a long strand on the KVR forum that says that some PC users have found Cypher2 to be a CPU hog. More specifically they have found that it uses more and more RAM as they change patches. This was first reported by a guy using Windows 7 (Cypher2 requires 10), but then some Windows 10 people reported the same problem. People love the synth, though.

FYI, there is a long strand on the KVR forum that says that some PC users have found Cypher2 to be a CPU hog. More specifically they have found that it uses more and more RAM as they change patches. This was first reported by a guy using Windows 7 (Cypher2 requires 10), but then some Windows 10 people reported the same problem. People love the synth, though.

Wondering if VEP6 would help with CPU.

With this and AURAS I'm using the seaboard loads at the moment. Really well-made synth & some fantastic presets. Need to dig deep into the synth engine but this should keep me busy while zebra 3 gets finished...

I spent the last few days demoing Cypher2 and finally bought it last night. I'm really happy with how well I've been able to get my existing Kontakt libraries and synths to play on the Seaboard, but there's something to be said for libraries and instruments designed with the Seaboard in mind.

Are the people who bought this digging it?
I still like it. I felt like there was a little bit of a learning curve but I have used the MPE patches for some very expressive textures, basses, and leads. I also think use of the XY pad in addition to the 5d controls is key to some sounds.

Have you played around with the demo? I spent nearly a week with the demo before deciding to buy.

I had problems with the au version of the update.
It wouldn't open while the vst and aax versions were fine.
Here's the fix from the nice folks at fxpansion;

After quitting Logic
Trash the Au Component
ReInstall Cyber 2
User>Library>Cashe
Trash the AudioUnitCashe Folder
Restart Mac

After you reopen Logic, it has to scan all your plug-ins again.
Worked for me!

Yeah, it must be something about my machine/install.
The au version didn't work in Reaper either.
I searched around other Cypher threads and I didn't see anyone else that was having an issue.

Are any of you guys who also use a PreSonus Faderport (original) had problems with Cypher2.
Standalone or plugin, as soon as I select a preset, Cypher outputs a pulse.
It seemed to go away for a bit but has returned.
I get this same problem with iZotope Iris 2 in standalone only (works fine in all my DAWs.).

I'm tempted to buy Cypher 2.

I already own Zebra 2 which already seems to give me the same or more synthesis power. The effects seem better on Cypher 2.

Anyone here can comment on whether it makes sense to get Cypher 2 already owning Zebra?

I'm tempted to buy Cypher 2.

I already own Zebra 2 which already seems to give me the same or more synthesis power. The effects seem better on Cypher 2.

Anyone here can comment on whether it makes sense to get Cypher 2 already owning Zebra?
It's great if you have a Roli.

Top Bottom