1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FXpansion Cypher 2

Discussion in 'VIRTUAL SYNTHS: Omnisphere, U-he, Reaktor, etc.' started by Zoot_Rollo, Aug 9, 2018.

1. TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog Senior Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    FYI, there is a long strand on the KVR forum that says that some PC users have found Cypher2 to be a CPU hog. More specifically they have found that it uses more and more RAM as they change patches. This was first reported by a guy using Windows 7 (Cypher2 requires 10), but then some Windows 10 people reported the same problem. People love the synth, though.

2. OP
    OP
    Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo Throbbing Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Wondering if VEP6 would help with CPU.

3. Dewdman42

Dewdman42 Senior Member

Oct 28, 2016
    That sounds like a memory leak which is a fixable bug.

zvenx likes this.
  4. YaniDee

YaniDee Senior Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Montreal
    I can understand developers abandoning 32 bit, but this is a Vst no? Why is it Win 10 only?

5. zvenx

zvenx Senior Member

Yep and will be fixed..
    Rsp

6. D Halgren

D Halgren Senior Member

May 6, 2017
    Portland, OR
    This is one fun synth! I already loved Strobe, and now this! It's been a good year for MPE:dancer:

7. With this and AURAS I'm using the seaboard loads at the moment. Really well-made synth & some fantastic presets. Need to dig deep into the synth engine but this should keep me busy while zebra 3 gets finished...

D Halgren likes this.
  8. kriskrause

kriskrause Active Member

Jan 9, 2017
    I spent the last few days demoing Cypher2 and finally bought it last night. I'm really happy with how well I've been able to get my existing Kontakt libraries and synths to play on the Seaboard, but there's something to be said for libraries and instruments designed with the Seaboard in mind.