What's new

Fugue for Violin, Cello and Piano No. 3

Lukas K

Hey guys!

I would like to share with you the piece I wrote recently. It's the last fugue of a 3-part cycle of fugues for this trio.

The first fugue was composed pretty much in Bach's style, the second one can be found HERE, and here is the third one :)

My goal was to experiment with the principles of fugue writing and stretch them in each fugue further and further.

Thanks in advance for listening and any feedback! :)

Lukas

Fugue for Violin, Cello and Piano No. 2
Rocky Meets Beethoven (Variations for Saxophone, Violin and Piano)
Rondo Eversum, Op. 4
String Quartet No. 1 in C minor, Op. 2
Three Images (Suite for Bassoon, Viola and Cimbalom), Op. 3
Four Preludes for Piano, Op. 1

Last edited:
Hey guys!
I would like to share with you the piece I wrote recently. It's the last fugue of a 3-part cycle of fugues for this trio.

Hey Lukas,

Yeah absolutely lovely. I like the way the piece builds up from a few simple melodic lines, to the "run" in the piano part and all that follows. (tools used? Sibelius?)

Hey Lukas,

Yeah absolutely lovely. I like the way the piece builds up from a few simple melodic lines, to the "run" in the piano part and all that follows. (tools used? Sibelius?)
Thank you, I appreciate it!

I used mainly Orchestral Tools libraries for this.

Nice!
I wouldn't personally label this as a fugue, but it's a nice chamber piece. I really like some moments of interplay between the instruments.
Gonna listen to the second one! ;)

Nice!
I wouldn't personally label this as a fugue, but it's a nice chamber piece. I really like some moments of interplay between the instruments.
Gonna listen to the second one! ;)
Thank you!

Regarding the "fugue or not a fugue" question, I know that the piece breaks more fugue principals than it follows, but that was my intention. If I composed each of the three fugues of a cycle as strictly as the first one, the whole idea of getting further and further with each one would fail. If you take a look at the exposition, it's pretty strict, even though the subject and counterpoints are quite unusual.

How did you like the second one? :)

Thanks!

Lukas

Excellent piece. Enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing. Also listened to the second fugue. Also well done, but personally preferred this one.

Top Bottom