What's new

For Sale FS: Orange Tree Samples: Evolution libraries (24 libraries for acoustic and electric guitar, sitar, etc.)

Mark Schmieder

I've run out of SSD space yet again, with the release of the new VSL Synchron Bluethner Piano this week, and as I play most of the instruments that I have sample libraries for by OTS, that's the obvious house-cleaning to do at the moment.

As most of you know, these are great libraries that constantly get free updates. Great developer, but the majority of the libraries are unnecessary for me based on what instruments I own and know how to play.

See my posts at the bottom for screenshots of the libraries that I own that I think are allowed for resale. I am pretty sure that only Kontakt Player libraries can be transferred by OTS, and I have 16 of those.

What I did like about having these libs, was that it allowed me to quickly decide on which guitar to use on a song, but really that's just laziness on my part. :) These really are very good though, and the only other vendor I feel is at the same level (though a different approach) is ISW.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mark Schmieder

I've done a screen capture of my directory structure for OTS, as the quickest way to "show" what I have, but checking (with 100% confidence) to see which ones are not Kontakt Player libs could take a while.

I thought it might have been the other way around as I figured there was less expense for transfers of non-Player libs as NI doesn't have to get involved in those cases. But maybe they're watermarked, which would take their time and potential expense to prepare again for someone new.

Attachments

Last edited:

unclecheeks

Whoops, didn't realize you had mentioned that. Quite the collection you got! By the number of libraries, I'm guessing this would be out of my price range (and storage space!), but still curious when you decide on price.

OP
M

Mark Schmieder

OK, I moved them off my SSD and then looked at NI Native Access to see which ones couldn't be found.

Unfortunately, the Vibes and other libraries I don't really used anymore, are not S/N based for resale.

It appears that the only ones that are transferrable (i.e. are Kontakt Player libraries) are ones in the Evolution series, but not all of those have S/N's (most of them do though). For instance, Evolution Rosewood Piano was never made a Kontakt Player library. A few others as well.

I have attached a screen shot of the temporarily broken NI library links, as that identifies the 16 OTS products that I own that are eligible for resale.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
M

Mark Schmieder

I don't have time for figuring out fair prices yet; it's why I can't keep bumping my ads. I work insane hours. I figure people here are knowledgeable and know what to offer. My general rule is HOHO (half off of half off), unless there are large transfer fees involved, as half-off is usually a once-or-thrice-a-year option with a fair number of vendors. And of course the same applies to bundle pricing.

Last edited:

brek

Btw, some useful information here:

If you go under your account, it should tell you which libraries are automatically transferable (which are the non-Player ones). Kontakt Player libraries have to be transferred manually by OTS.
Also:
License transfer restrictions
Bear in mind that certain products cannot be transferred through this automated system:

• NFR (not for resale) copies.
  • Products that are discontinued or otherwise no longer for sale.
  • Products purchased less than 3 months ago.
  • Products received as transfers within 3 months.
  • To transfer Kontakt Player libraries, please contact us to deactivate the serial number, after which it will become available to transfer through this system.
Bottom line, you should be able to sell most of your libraries. :2thumbs:

That said, I'll send you a PM about what I'm interested in.

OP
M

Mark Schmieder

Thanks; just back from my jazz gig and about to eat, so will check these details a bit later tonight, and see if I can gather a rational list with some guesses on prices. I'll also exclude the four that have already been solicited (two from you, and two from someone else).

OP
M

Mark Schmieder

Not seeing this information in my account at all. Unless you mean the Downloads tab, which will identify under each product icon whether it is non-Kontakt Player -- even though plenty that aren't, don't have such an identifier under them.

Too bad the products aren't listed alphabetically under the main part of the site, as this will take a while to go through the list in my screenshot above and see if any are no longer listed for sale, as those can't be transferred. Then I have to cross-compare with the accounts download page.

The only three marked as "non-Kontakt Player" are: Evolution Stratosphere; Evolution Steel Strings; Evolution Strawberry. But this is not true; all three are now Kontakt Player libraries; whereas Evolution Rosewood Grand is not, but is not marked as such.

OP
M

Mark Schmieder

To save people time while I sort out the details of how all of this works and what is allowed for resale, here are the four that have been claimed so far (presuming resale is allowed):

Angelic Zither
Evolution Dracus
Evolution Mandolin
Evolution Songwriter

OP
M

Mark Schmieder

Turns out my account was a bit out of date for some reason; probably because I bought everything under a previous email account that unfortunately went away. Greg has updated my pre-approval list and I have attached a screenshot of the ones that don't require any freeing of Kontakt Library S/N's but are allowed for transfer.

I got confused about Evolution Rick earlier, because there is also Evolution Rick 12, but only the 6-string Rickenbacker library is non-Kontakt Player.

Attachments

Digivolt

My general rule is HOHO (half off of half off)
So you mean 75% as in 50% (half off) + 25% (the other half of the half off (50%)), your wording is a little confusing so a number is much easier to work with

I'd be interested in Modern Nylon and Infinity (also Songwriter if your agreed deal falls through) providing I've understood your half off of half off rule :)

OP
M

Mark Schmieder

HOHO is pretty standard, at least in my parts (SF Bay Area in CAL). That means 25% of list. Not sure how you came up with that complicated formula. :) I can't even make sense of it. But I can see how some marketing/sales people might come up with something "clever" like that; kind of like $7.99 vs. $8. :)

Digivolt

HOHO is pretty standard, at least in my parts (SF Bay Area in CAL). That means 25% of list. Not sure how you came up with that complicated formula. :) I can't even make sense of it. But I can see how some marketing/sales people might come up with something "clever" like that; kind of like $7.99 vs. $8. :)
Okay no problem, I guess I'll decline as the group buy is still currently active for 60% off list unless you're taking that into account with the price ?

OP
M

Mark Schmieder

Wow, I didn't know it was that cheap. Not much difference between 60% off and 75% off, I guess, even when rounding down. I don't have time to look at their details right now; I have a personal housing crisis to attend to, that hit me as quite a surprise today.

Digivolt

The group buy ends in a week (13th) so I'd understand if you'd prefer to hold out until after to get a better return on your libs but if you decide before then to sell for a little less than the group buy prices then I'm interested in the libs I mentioned :)

OP
M

Mark Schmieder

I haven't really been paying attention to the group buy. My life is super-intense at the moment and I am micro-managing my time even more than usual. It is not my intent to undercut Greg's sale; he's a great guy and an excellent developer. So I want to make sure I'm not coming off as harming his group sale. It would seem rude and disrespectful to post prices lower than the group buy. Usually this is done via email anyway, as it's less insulting to the developers.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mark Schmieder

I think the group sale is more or less over now, so that it wouldn't be an insult to Greg to update my list tonight with what is still available (sans prices, as that takes more time, but remember that 25% of list is my upper starting figure).

Sorry I'm not able to pay much attention to the forum of late; I have been 24/7 focused on trying to buy a home and get out of a suddenly adverse renting situation ($500 rise), since last Wednesday, but I made an offer today, so if it's accepted, I can get back to normal life again. :)

The ones that aren't Kontakt Player libraries are trivial/quick transfers, and even the ones that are, are also trivial/quick but simply require a quick handshake from Greg.

These are all great libraries, but they are almost all covering stuff that I play and/or own, compared to some other vendors, so as I said previously, SSD space is at a premium (especially after buying VSL Synchron Pianos Bluethner) and I need to make room by clearing it of stuff I don't NEED (even if I LIKE).

Angelic Chimes — overlapping sets (SATB)
Angelic Harp
Angelic Keys — Virginal (Harpsichord variant)
Cherry Electric Bass — Schecter Stiletto Elite 5-string Active Bass
Core Bass Pear — Upright Bass, tailored to several genres as unique presets
Evolution Electric Bass Rick — Rickenbacker 4003
Evolution Jazz Archtop
Evolution Modern Nylon
Evolution Rick 12 — Rickenbacker 12-string
Evolution Sitardelic — Danelectro Coral Electric Sitar
Evolution Steel Strings — Martin Acoustic Guitar
Evolution Stratosphere — Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS
Evolution Strawberry — Hagstrom Select Swede
Evolution Texas Twang — Fender Telecaster clone (unidentified brand)
Grand Kalimba — 3-octave range (chromatic)
Iconic Bass Jaco — Fender Fretless Jazz Bass
Mesa Winds
Mind Control — MIDI mangling tool
Paradise Marimba — 5-octave range (unidentified brand)
Passion Flute — includes folk and jazz techniques (e.g. Ian Anderson)
Pure Jazz Vibes — Musser Century Model
Slide Acoustic
Slide Lap Steel
Tiny Box — 15-tone Music Box

I have removed the following from the list, because they neither show up on their website nor in my license transfer drop-list, so either were freebies and/or canceled products:

8-string Ebow Pad
Finger Cymbal
Hulusi — Chinese free-reed instrument
Mark Tree — Grover Bar Chimes
Rainstick — wood/cactus model
Sleigh Bells
Slide Flute
Stomp Box
Timbales

Last edited:
OP
M

Mark Schmieder

Looks like the group sale is over with now, so feel free to make offers that beat those prices. I would have considered that an insult to Greg if I had stated that while the sale was still active.

Top Bottom