What's new

Frozen Crotales by Fracture Sounds - Available Now

willbedford

Composer - Sample Library Developer
VI-C ad.jpg

I'm pleased to announce the first instalment of Fracture Sounds' Frozen Percussion series - a collection of deep sampled percussion instruments performed in unconventional ways to create infinite sustains, frozen in time.

Frozen Crotales is a set of tuned orchestral crotales (also known as antique cymbals), performed with a cello bow.

As usual, the instrument was programmed with ease of use in mind. Simply move the mod wheel while playing to smoothly morph between different dynamic levels.

frozen-percussion-crotales-interface-screenshot.jpg

Also included is the Frost Layer, another of our popular ‘atmosphere layers’. Designed specifically for this instrument, the Frost Layer adds a glistening texture to the raw crotales.

In-depth walkthrough:

Demos:

More info can be found on the product page: https://fracturesounds.com/product/frozen-crotales/

Thanks!
-Will

Last edited:
Tried repeatedly to buy it . . . in Firefox, clicking the "Place Order" button caused FF to throw a warning that my data was about to be sent over an insecure connection, "https://..." URL in the address bar notwithstanding.

FF could be wrong, or perhaps my data was about to be sent over an insecure frame inside an otherwise (at-least-partially) secure page.....

There was no such warning in Chrome, but it didn't ultimately matter because, in both browsers, clicking that "Place Order" button ultimately brought me to this page (p.s. — I &^$#@!^ hate Fastspring):

HTTP Status 404 – Not Found
Type Status Report

Message "/WEB-INF/grails-app/views/maintenance/notice.gsp" not found.

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.90

Tried repeatedly to buy it . . . in Firefox, clicking the "Place Order" button caused FF to throw a warning that my data was about to be sent over an insecure connection, "https://..." URL in the address bar notwithstanding.

FF could be wrong, or perhaps my data was about to be sent over an insecure frame inside an otherwise (at-least-partially) secure page.....

There was no such warning in Chrome, but it didn't ultimately matter because, in both browsers, clicking that "Place Order" button ultimately brought me to this page (p.s. — I &^$#@!^ hate Fastspring):

HTTP Status 404 – Not Found
Type Status Report

Message "/WEB-INF/grails-app/views/maintenance/notice.gsp" not found.

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.90
Is this still happening? This is the first time anyone's reported an issue like this, so it was likely a temporary glitch. Seems to be working on my end now.
If you're still having problems, could you send me an email at [email protected] and I'll set up a manual order for you.

Thanks!

Is this still happening? This is the first time anyone's reported an issue like this, so it was likely a temporary glitch. Seems to be working on my end now.
If you're still having problems, could you send me an email at [email protected] and I'll set up a manual order for you.

Thanks!

I had this happen too in Firefox earlier this evening, except I had no problems with FastSpring itself. But I did get the security warning - it looks like the hand off to FS might not be secure, so check with them? Don't recall this problem buying the piano.

(I bought it anyway :) )

Yes, this happened to me on Firefox too (didn't happen with my previous Fracture Sounds purchases, so I guess this is a new thing).

Thank you. All fixed now :)

You're quite welcome.

And the problem now appears to have been resolved.

As thanks for my discovering this website bug and bringing it immediately to your attention, I bought the library today. Wait, that doesn't sound right........... ;)

Top Bottom