What's new

From the makers of Native Instruments’ ACTION STRINGS, new line of instruments: "SONUSCORE ORIGINS"

Pierre

From the makers of Native Instruments’ ACTION STRINGS, ACTION STRIKES and EMOTIVE STRINGS:

SONUSCORE releases the first installment of a new line of instruments: ORIGINS VOL.1: STEEL TONGUE & SANSULA

(November 11th 2015, Mainz, Germany)ORIGINS VOL.1: STEEL TONGUE & SANSULA is the first installment of the SONUSCORE ORIGINS Series, a new line of instruments developed by the critically acclaimed team at Dynamedion. Two unique instruments combined in the powerful Multi-Arpeggio-Designer (MAD) meld into rich and diverse sonic landscapes. With a vast set of inspiring presets and easy customization, the Sonuscore Origins Series concept provides extensive possibilities for creative scoring.

THE INSTRUMENTS:
The Sansula is a recent advancement of the Kalimba, which has its roots in traditional African music. Played by plucking metal tines attached to a membrane, the Sansula has a soft, but rich sound.
The Steel Tongue Drum is a modern instrument played with mallets or by hand. With its percussive sound, it forms the perfect pendant to the Sansula.

MULTI-ARPEGGIO-DESIGNER (MAD):
The MAD is the centerpiece of every "Origins"-instrument. Two fully customizable arpeggiators create interlocking patterns and broad soundscapes by combining the unique timbres of the two instruments. The engine is designed to convey a musically meaningful, human performance, instead of a computer randomly aligning notes.
Load up one of 80+ inspiring presets or create your own arpeggios in as much detail as you like. The MAD provides a variety of different features and controls to realize your musical vision.

COLORS MENU:
The 12 individual color-presets provide even more possibilities to sculpt your sound. All colors are radically different in character and incorporate various effect settings and multiple impulse responses. While each MAD-Preset has an assigned color preset, you can combine everything at will, resulting in over 900 predefined combinations.

INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

KEY FEATURES:
• Available as Download
• Two individually playable instruments
• Innovative Multi-Arpeggio-Designer (MAD)
• 80+ rhythm presets
• 12 unique color settings
• Full customization of all controls

PRICE TAG:
Steel Tongue & Sansula will be available for a regular price of only 69€.
The introductory price is 49€ - only until November 17th!

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
• Full version of Native Instruments’ KONTAKT Version 5.5.1.451 or higher
(Komplete : Samplers : Kontakt 5 | Products)
• Mac OSX.10.8 or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
• Windows 7 or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2
• 4GB RAM
• at least 300MB of free hard disc space

SONUSCORE PRODUCT PAGE:
http://sonuscore.com/shop/origins-vol-1-steel-tongue-sansula/

TUTORIAL VIDEOS:
• Tutorial 1 – First Steps:

• Tutorial 2 – Multi Arpeggio Designer:

SOUNDCLOUD DEMOS:

All SONUSCORE products are royalty free – which means you get unlimited synchronization rights with every purchase following the guidelines in our EULA: http://sonuscore.com/terms-condition/

zvenx

Not that he doesn't have a nice voice, but I kept hoping he would just STFU so I can hear what it sounds like uninterrupted.
rsp

Dr.Quest

Not that he doesn't have a nice voice, but I kept hoping he would just STFU so I can hear what it sounds like uninterrupted.
rsp
Ummmm... You do realize there is a Soundcloud demo that has the same music in it, right? So... You can listen to that. Right there at the bottom of the first post.

zvenx

Ummmm... You do realize there is a Soundcloud demo that has the same music in it, right? So... You can listen to that. Right there at the bottom of the first post.
Its the parts of walkthrough that has the sound of the instruments 'naked', I speak of.
And before you get on it :), I don't mean uninterrupted I don't meant throughout the video, obviously, I just mean for a longer period. :)
rsp

Last edited:

Pedro Camacho

Nice work! This library just sounds great on its own or in combination with an orchestral score or just any small ensemble. I can "hear" it working on so many genres!

catsass

Señor Member
Its the parts of walkthrough that has the sound of the instruments 'naked', I speak of.
And before you get on it :), I don't mean uninterrupted I don't meant throughout the video, obviously, I just mean for a longer period. :)
rsp

SONUSCORE

Innovative Sampling
Hi,

we recently updated ORIGINS Vol.1: Steel Tongue & Sansula to version 1.1.

We included a new feature which lets you export the arpeggiator settings to an external file, thus enabling you to either backup your custom settings, share it with a friend or exchange settings between individual products of the ORIGINS series, e.g. the new ORIGINS Vol.2: Music Box & Plucked Piano.

Furthermore, we included clean automation names and declared automation IDs. Especially useful for Logic Pro X users, the new automation names show up right at the top of the automation ID list, saving you the tedious scrolling down.

maclaine

I'm here to resurrect this thread to share a piece I wrote that featured this sample library.

The frenetic, ethereal arpeggio you hear that starts off the piece and runs all the way through it is the Steel Tongue & Sansula with the built in arpeggiator on. I also transcribed the arpeggio (oh, how I wish I had known there was an update that would have solved this problem for me!) and used it in bits and pieces for a few other instruments, mainly the retro video game sounding synths.

This is a simple but potentially very powerful instrument, and the entirety of this piece came from the inspiration of turning the arpeggiator on, playing a chord, and building on it. Thanks to Sonuscore for making this fun little instrument!

Top Bottom