From the folks at SoundToys

NYC Composer

it's almost like you made this reply before reading me saying the same exact thing. isn't that the thing where people are to busy thinking of a response than actually understanding what is being said.
Or maybe it's the thing that people think differently than you do and don't proclaim themselves correct all the time. It's so self affirming.

"I understand for instance, that people will go to the voting booth with loads of misinformation about instances like breonna Taylor's"

Like what?

ProfoundSilence

Or maybe it's the thing that people think differently than you do and don't proclaim themselves correct all the time. It's so self affirming.

"I understand for instance, that people will go to the voting booth with loads of misinformation about instances like breonna Taylor's"

Like what?
The vast majority of people I see post about breonna Taylor still think they were at the wrong house. The vast majority of people I see post about Brooks claim he was just "running away" - and Jacob Blake is another incident that facts about what happened just dont matter. These are incidents that evidence exists for - but the people the case matters to matter because it continues the illusion that they live in, so there is no incentive to be even remotely skeptical.

This peaked when someone linked me buzzfeed headlining unarmed rayshark Brooks shot by police while running away.

it linked a video(that conventiely left out the entire part where he wrestled the two officers, punched one in the face and took the taser) but even in the video on that page you could see him turn around and fire a taser at the cops head before getting shot. The facts needed are right in the video - contradicting the headline, and yet the desire that it fills that fantasy was strong enough that people didnt even watch it and just assumed he was unarmed. Had he shot the cop in the head with a taser it would have killed him, and you wouldn't have even heard about it - but sure, that's the same thing as unarmed...

NYC Composer

I saw the video multiple times, from beginning to end. From the apprehension to the finale. The conversation, the extremely long session of finger following (which in itself looked abusive to me.) There was no need to kill that man. Absolutely none. He was running away. There should never have been a need for any of it-it wasn’t even a DUI-the guy was asleep.

Last edited:

ProfoundSilence

I saw the video multiple times, from beginning to end. From the apprehension to the finale. The conversation, the extremely long session of finger following (which in itself looked abusive to me.) There was no need to kill that man. Absolutely none. He was running away. There should never have been a need for any of it-it wasn’t even a DUI-the guy was asleep.
Shooting a deadly weapon at ANYONES head is attempted murder, and many law enforcement models of tasers can fire more than once(including that one). You don't get to try to kill the cop and then they just say "well maybe he won't try to kill me a second time" when he still has the weapon in his hand.

you don't get to try to kill cops and expect safety, especially not a violent criminal - there is absolutely 0 reason to give him the benefit of the doubt, he was released from prison for domestic battery and false imprisonment - these are things they knew while dealing with him(after running his tag/drivers license).

This isn't cops should just get shot to death successfully until they are allowed to defend themselves and the public. If you were on the street as a CITIZEN you'd have every right to shoot it until it stops moving for shooting a taser at your head. Cops don't have less rights than people, and normal non-brainwashed people think that's reasonable.

NYC Composer

Nobody, ESPECIALLY cops, should be shooting anybody running away in the back .

If the cop felt endangered by the taser, he should have stopped pursuit, called for backup and started a mobile chase.

ProfoundSilence

Nobody, ESPECIALLY cops, should be shooting anybody running away in the back .

If the cop felt endangered by the taser, he should have stopped pursuit, called for backup and started a mobile chase.
the taser was pointed at the cop, who cares what direction someone is running, it's the business end of the weapon that kills you

if the cop felt threatened? tasers are a hot topic because it actually kills people far too often. and that's when you use them CORRECTLY. Georgia's DA charged an officer with aggravated battery for tasing a college student on the grounds that in Georgia a taser is considered a deadly weapon. Tasers are still deadly weapons, "less lethal" on the grounds that you use it in the way they are trained - which are not designed to shoot someone in the head.

I feel the need to remind you that you defending a violent wife beater after he wrestled, punched, took a weapon , and tried to kill a cop before getting shot is exactly what makes trump look like a sane option. I assume that's not your goal, but this is the kind of detached from reality that ends up being completely unrelatable to regular people.

Last edited:

NYC Composer

He shot him AFTER the Taser. All he had to do was stop chasing the guy and he would have been fine (he repeated).

Instead, he shot him in the back and killed him. Police work shouldn't include execution. If the guy was facing him and threatening him, that would have been another thing. HE WAS RUNNING AWAY, at which point he was not a threat to the cop. The cop should have called it in. Had he done so:

1. One guy wouldn't have been dead.
2. One cop wouldn't have been fucked.

Screw it, we're not going to agree on this, and I don't know what Trump is an option for, maybe he's better than nuclear war, but it's sort of a toss up.

Karl Feuerstake

Regarding the politics of policing in the upcoming election, this article seems to sum up each leader's stances regarding criminal justice. Both leaders believe in more cops and better support for them, while Biden's campaign goes a bit further in adding more data collection and investigations into police misconduct.

Last edited:

JT

He shot him AFTER the Taser. All he had to do was stop chasing the guy and he would have been fine (he repeated).

Instead, he shot him in the back and killed him. Police work shouldn't include execution. If the guy was facing him and threatening him, that would have been another thing. HE WAS RUNNING AWAY, at which point he was not a threat to the cop. The cop should have called it in. Had he done so:

1. One guy wouldn't have been dead.
2. One cop wouldn't have been fucked.

Screw it, we're not going to agree on this, and I don't know what Trump is an option for, maybe he's better than nuclear war, but it's sort of a toss up.
Nevertheless, the system did work.

The officer has been fired and been charged with felony murder and aggravated assault. He will be tried and if convicted will pay the price.

It's easy for us to Monday morning quarterback the officer's actions on the tape. It's a lot different when it's happening to you in real time. I assume that the officer has reflected on his actions endlessly. Those of us on VI-control are lucky. If we screw up, we can redo a track. When a cop screws up, his life is ruined and someone's dead.

NYC Composer

I’m more sympathetic to the difficulties of cops’ jobs than you might think. I know cops. I know they have hard, dangerous jobs. My son is pursuing a degree in criminal justice-he may well BECOME a cop.

I blame poor training in self control, on the spot proper decision making and de-escalation for many of the problematic things that end up as national news.

Also, the “us or them” mentality fostered by closed circles such as police forces is responsible for wrongful defending of some of these bad outcomes. Police need to partner with civilian and community boards to a greater extent, try to accept greater civilian oversight, keep stats about shootings rather than to refuse to do so. These are solve-able problems.

I must ask though-how did “the system” work for Reyshard Brooks and his family?

chimuelo

Star Of Stage & Screen
Liberal ”journalist” asked Joe Biden what he thought about “yet another unarmed black man” shot by Police today. Can’t remember the talking point he grabbed but any person who would allow such a lie to be worthy of an answer shows you fake news is here to stay.

Guy was a violent, re offending criminal who charged police with a weapon.
An unfortunate death. And a great reason for more peaceful looting.

Maybe it was peaceful attack on the retreating cops trying to stay away from the violent criminal re offender.

Waiting for fake news and that “unarmed” nonsense they think people don’t notice.

Try charging some folks in Darby or SPhilly like that, you’ll get shot and disposed of. At least he was smart enough to stay up by Temple U.

NYC Composer

How does a cop defend his life and go home to his wife and children in that scenario and not shoot the shooter in the back while everything is moving so fast? And if the violent drunk shooter is allowed to flee with a potentially lethal weapon and causes harm to someone else now that he realizes he royally screwed up his life with a miles-long list of felonies, how are the cops not at fault then?
Right, because he was initially so violent when sleeping in his car. You make an excellent case for police executions due to prior convictions.

Yeah, the guy was a grave risk to the public, rampaging around with a discharged taser. Clearly, he needed to be shot in the back as he was fleeing.

In those comprehensive courses you were taking, was there a lot about reactive behavior, poor decision making, de-escalating situations, or was it all about shooting fleeing subjects? Clearly, you know a lot more about this than I do. Hold forth.

Karl Feuerstake

His death is entirely on him and no one else. And the prosecution of those police officers is a travesty of justice. It's being done for purely political reasons, and every honest, discerning person knows it.
I'm less prepared to issue a verdict myself than I am to have some faith in the court of law. These cases are complicated, the news doesn't have as much details as the prosecutors, and the video-footage does not illuminate everything. More information can always come out later - perhaps the two had a history together, for example, something that isn't shown on a camera.

Right. You shoot them in the back...and almost kill other people with a stray bullet. Great police work.
Missing on a target running away would suggest to me that a professionally trained shooter was in an absolute panic. With that in mind, it would seem to be probable as to what you said on the previous page - poor training in self-control, which then lead to poor decision making, and poor de-escalation. But again I still do not know everything and wouldn't condemn immediately based on that. I feel a case like this is still better left to the courts, rather than public opinion.

In the end the only things I consider concrete would be the course of events - man drunk in car in parking lot, police approached man, man lashed out unexpectedly, police killed man. It's possible that at any one of these stages something could've been done differently that could've spared his life.

Last edited:

chimuelo

Star Of Stage & Screen
...and the cops’ careers.
There’s always a gig @ SoundToys...ankyu.

Sampled taser sounds is something I’ve been looking for ever since Brooklyn Deckers boyfriend was tazed for taking a burrito after store hours in the m0vie Battleship. Omnisphere Tesla Coil isn’t cutting it for me.

Articulations for “Don’t Taze Me Bro” from the COPS series.

I’ve got plenty of gunshot samples but none hitting a nearby car where someone else (in Atlanta) could’ve been gravely injured.

Quasar

Encouraging people to vote is militant? What part was militant or extreme?
I agree that there is nothing even remotely wrong with what ST did, nor would they be even if they did express militant or extreme opinions...

...But I am voting for the anti-iLok/PACE ticket, which doesn't help them at all.

AudioLoco

SoundToys already fantastic just for making the most awesome plugins.
Will buy versions of Decapitator for my friends, even the the civil engineer, the English teacher and the ciroprachtor, just to support a company having the courage to speak up.