What's new

French Horn Rips (Cheap or Free ?)

GingerMaestro

Does anyone know of a cheap or even free simple library of Horn Rips ? I need a few for a project I'm working on, I can't seem to find them in Symphobia. I am contemplating CSB, but I need to save up a bit longer before I can afford this. In the meantime, looking for something to tide me over. Many thanks

Maybe just get the EW Composer Cloud for a short while and use the ones from their Hollywood Brass? Might save you the most money if you cancel the subscription after you're done needing them. Not sure how all that works.

EW Hollywood Brass has some phenomenal horns, and they are having a 50% off sale right now. I would argue the EWHB horns are better than CSB.

Thanks all..I found what I need on the freesound.org This is an interesting website. I just have to try and get it to blend in with what I have. I also just realized I could try and get a French Horn Player at work to record some rips for me. I've never done this, probably not that easy. Might be fun to have a go though !

I'll have a look at EWHB, I'm considering CSB, SStB and of course Berlin, but the latter is very expensive. Not really looked into EW stuff, but worth a shot ! Thank you..

Thanks all..I found what I need on the freesound.org This is an interesting website. I just have to try and get it to blend in with what I have. I also just realized I could try and get a French Horn Player at work to record some rips for me. I've never done this, probably not that easy. Might be fun to have a go though !

I'll have a look at EWHB, I'm considering CSB, SStB and of course Berlin, but the latter is very expensive. Not really looked into EW stuff, but worth a shot ! Thank you..

I found the page via google. (you know the search engine?)

@bigcat1969 Thanks so much for this. I imported the wav fire into my project earlier, but the kontakt version looks much more useful. I will try this out when I get home. Are these actul samples of Horn Rips ? or have you constructed them from other samples ? Thanks again.

This one is free, but it might be a bit to «horror movie» than you are looking for (broken link removed)

@bigcat1969 Thanks so much for this. I imported the wav fire into my project earlier, but the kontakt version looks much more useful. I will try this out when I get home. Are these actul samples of Horn Rips ? or have you constructed them from other samples ? Thanks again.

There are the three horn rips from Freesound mentioned earlier just put in a Kontakt shell and expanded up and down to give something like half an octave. I did tighten the looser ones up just a bit so they all had roughly the same attack speed and sharpened the middle one as the 440 utility had it as a bit flat. So you might notice small changes.

Top Bottom