What's new

FREEBIE - Intimate Piano

Today I had the great honor to be working with a real pro when it comes to scripting programming for Kontakt. mk282 helped me put together a Kontakt instrument for my 12 year old dusty piano samples. While he programmed the instrument, I worked with the graphics. First time I've used Skype on this way. Incredibly fun! So folks, let us introduce The Intimate Piano. 2 microphone placements, 1 layer (pp), stereo widening and other stuff. But the best part is - it's free :)

Next week we will release a larger version on the piano. Headroom Piano.
It has 5 velocity layers and EQ on each mic placement.
And yes - it's free too :)

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/emt62ial5v22f ... 0Piano.zip

Och för alla svenskar på forumet, kör "freebie" genom google translate så får ni ett gott skratt. :)

Yes, this sounds nice!

Firstfewbars,

when I listen on my big speakers I hear a low rumbling in the "Decca" samples. I inserted a highpass filter in this group and yeah, the rumbling is gone... . No big deal. :)

Thanks for this so sweet sounding instrument!

Thanks for the info with the highpass filter. All samples are totally unprocessed so it could be an air conditioner somewhere in the house or maybe my stomach. We drank a lot of (bad) coffee during the recording session. :)

Thanks for the gratisgrunka, it's really good :D Add a few velocity layers and it may become one of my favourite piano libraries. Just absolutely love the tone! If you are accepting donations I would surely donate!

May I ask what kind of piano you sampled? It sounds like a slithgly old swedish upright to my ears, really remind me of my childhood.

It´s not a upright piano and it´s a Yamaha...but a friend has a really good upright. Recently tuned...hm....could be another gratisgrunka...

tjäna tjäna, vilken härligt piano :D

Thanks for this, man can not have enough piano sample libraries :D

...Next week we will release a larger version on the piano. Headroom Piano. It has 5 velocity layers and EQ on each mic placement.And yes - it's free too :)

So, I strongly suspect, based on the overwhelmingly positive response to the currently released free Intimate Piano piano library, that I'm not alone in eagerly anticipating the release of the 5 velocity layer version, of the piano available next week???

Seriously, Firstfewbars, thanks again for the version you've already generously given away for free and I'm looking forward to the larger version!

Very unique character! Thanks a lot for this freebie. Looking forward to the larger version - even with a different character :)

Marco

Top Bottom