Free update to Ostinato Series now available!!

ptram

Login to the Sonokinetic Manager to get the update
Thank you for the gift!

A question I have everytime: how do you understand which version of the library is already installed? It seems that the SK Manager is not checking the local files. However, I can't see a file or other information that can help understand if one needs the update or not.

Paolo

emilio_n

@ptram In the Sonokinetic app, you will see a button to upgrade for each product have an update available. If you don't have, maybe the app is not pointing correctly to your Sonokinetic folder...

ptram

In the Sonokinetic app, you will see a button to upgrade for each product have an update available.
I see the button, but it also appears next to libraries I was sure I had updated to that version recently. But maybe I'm just reminding wrongly.

Paolo

reutunes

You can click the 3 little dots to the right of each library in the Library Manager to see the current version, but make sure that the Manager software is synced to your various library's locations first. I recently re-edited the install video to cover this...

Montisquirrel

Thanks for the update. The midi drag n drop will be very usefull.
Still can't belive I got all these 4 libraries for free.

jbuhler

Is anyone else having issues with the woodwinds? My download seems to be missing the updated NKR and NKC files compared to what I the update for the strings and noir had.

ETA: Submitted support ticket.

Michel Simons

Is anyone else having issues with the woodwinds? My download seems to be missing the updated NKR and NKC files compared to what I the update for the strings and noir had.

ETA: Submitted support ticket.
I haven't tried it, but I also noticed the lack of an instruments.rar for the woodwinds in the updates folder and the NKR and NKC files still had "old" timestamps.

ptram

You can click the 3 little dots to the right of each library in the Library Manager to see the current version, but make sure that the Manager software is synced to your various library's locations first.
Thank you for the hint. I see what happened: the libraries' path was not recorded in the SK Manager. When, selecting the correct location, already updated libraries had no longer the Update button.

Paolo

ptram

After indicating the right location to the installed libraries, I relaunched SK Manager (1.2.1). Alas, I don't see the Update buttons next to the Ostinato libraries.

Also, I went to my account in SK's web site, and could see that the available update for, for example, Ostinato Woodwinds is an "Additionals v1.1". The date I see is Dec 13, 2018. But the SK Manager says that I have v1.2 of the library installed.

What am I doing wrong, this time?

Paolo

Last edited:
OP
Sonokinetic BV

Sonokinetic BV

Boutique Sampling
Hi Everyone,

The Sonokinetic Manager relies on the location of the libraries being correct to apply the updates. We are working on improving this aspect and will issue a new version when its ready in the near future.

In the meantime, the Ostinato update can be applied "manually" by re-downloading the library and only selecting the Instruments rar for download/install. If you download this update adjacent to the root folder of your ostinato library, it will apply the update automatically

jbuhler

Hi Everyone,

The Sonokinetic Manager relies on the location of the libraries being correct to apply the updates. We are working on improving this aspect and will issue a new version when its ready in the near future.

In the meantime, the Ostinato update can be applied "manually" by re-downloading the library and only selecting the Instruments rar for download/install. If you download this update adjacent to the root folder of your ostinato library, it will apply the update automatically
Can you check that the Woodwinds library is properly configured for the update? It's not working for me, whereas the updates for Strings and Noir are working as expected.