What's new

FREE Synth Plugins & Patches

Seven years after purchase, I still find myself reaching for Zebra for sound design. Here are some “almost acoustic” presets I created. The comb filter is the bomb.

Download link available in youtube video description or here.
Full disclosure: I did not play badinere, turkish rondo or the circus theme myself, I just pasted some of the freely available midi files into the track.

I apologize if these are already mentioned in this thread, but I've just read that U-He has updated their "ZebraCM" and "Triple Cheese" free virtual synths with a new GUI and possibly some other features:

I haven't actually tried it myself, but "ZebraCM" seems even more powerful than "Zebralette". If I'm not mistaken, you can get it for free but only with a copy of "Computer Magazine" (the digital version would also do, I suppose).

I apologize if these are already mentioned in this thread, but I've just read that U-He has updated their "ZebraCM" and "Triple Cheese" free virtual synths with a new GUI and possibly some other features:

I haven't actually tried it myself, but "ZebraCM" seems even more powerful than "Zebralette". If I'm not mistaken, you can get it for free but only with a copy of "Computer Magazine" (the digital version would also do, I suppose).
Yeah the digital version of CM works.

I got the CM version of Bazille like that.

Seven years after purchase, I still find myself reaching for Zebra for sound design. Here are some “almost acoustic” presets I created. The comb filter is the bomb.

Download link available in youtube video description or here.
Full disclosure: I did not play badinere, turkish rondo or the circus theme myself, I just pasted some of the freely available midi files into the track.

Thank you!

How to I update from a current version of ZebraCM? Would just getting the latest issue get the latest version?

How to I update from a current version of ZebraCM? Would just getting the latest issue get the latest version?
Unfortunately, I can't give you a precise answer as I'm not subscribed to the magazine and don't use ZebraCM. I'm guessing that buying a copy will grant you access to the download section from where you can download the current installer.

Unfortunately, I can't give you a precise answer as I'm not subscribed to the magazine and don't use ZebraCM. I'm guessing that buying a copy will grant you access to the download section from where you can download the current installer.
Already did - using Readly

Pretty cool so far!! I’ll end up getting the full version eventually, there’s no such thing as too many synths
All versions of the synth are the same btw. Only the presets and wavetables change.

I don't use it much myself but I'm teaching synths to my 18 year old nephew with Vital since it's pretty powerful and very visual.

In other words, not free. :)

I have been playing with Pigments 3 these past few days. Created a few patches without really reading the manual. Posting here free for those interested.

Impressions: UI is very intuitive. The grain synth is really nice to play with. Modulations are super easy to create. Light on CPU. Wish there were more/better filters.

Translating a sound in my head into an actual patch is a bit hard. With Pigments, usually it is an experiment to see where it takes me. I think I'll comeback to Pigments when I need to quickly create a patch based on grains.

Please let me know if you have any trouble importing the bank. Attaching one of the sample sounds in a very familiar tune.. ;)

View attachment pigments-time-patch.mp3

1636073515929.png

Attachments

• Pigments_Bank_Naroth.pgtx.zip
    158.3 KB · Views: 18
Didn't see ModulAir on the front page. Modular synth with 50 something modules and polyphonic. What's not to love?

Top Bottom