What's new

Free Soldano SLO-100 for AmpliTube 5 (including the free CS version) and artist presets coming

IKMultimedia

For a limited time, all users of AmpliTube 5, including Custom Shop, can get the Officially Certified Soldano® SLO-100™ head model for free! See instructions at this link.

Free artist presets

We've hooked up with iconic guitar legends Joe Satriani, Gus G, Marty Friedman and Slash to roll out brand-new artist presets for AmpliTube 5 over the coming weeks. Designed by the artists themselves, these will not only give you new tones to enjoy for free, but also valuable insight into how pros get the most from AmpliTube 5.

Don't yet have a version of AmpliTube 5? You can download and install AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop for free. Try out all the gear and enjoy all-new, custom-made artist presets each week throughout March.

One of the most welcome additions in a while; thanks.

The instructions aren't quite correct, but that's OK. The Presets tab only shows up for AmpliTube 4 vs. AmpliTube 5, in the IK Product Manager, even after a software update. But the Soldano 100 amp head model does show up in AmpliTube 5 itself, after updating it first to the latest edition.

I updated Custom Shop at the outset, and restored My Purchases (which run successfully, and showed the Soldano 100 in my product list). Maybe a Mac-specific quirk regarding the IK product Manager, but thought I'd mention the behaviour so others don't get confused.

Last edited:
I just spent a couple of hours trying to sort this out. Only to discover the presets exist for AmpliTube 4 Custom Shop but not 5. Using both (apps) Custom Shop & then Product Manager seems way too complicated. Ikmultimedia really should look at Arturia Software Center and see how easy things can get installed and updated.

Reactions: tcb
One of the most welcome additions in a while; thanks.

The instructions aren't quite correct, but that's OK. The Presets tab only shows up for AmpliTube 4 vs. AmpliTube 5, in the IK Product Manager, even after a software update. But the Soldano 100 amp head model does show up in AmpliTube 5 itself, after updating it first to the latest edition.

I updated Custom Shop at the outset, and restored My Purchases (which run successfully, and showed the Soldano 100 in my product list). Maybe a Mac-specific quirk regarding the IK product Manager, but thought I'd mention the behaviour so others don't get confused.
I just spent a couple of hours trying to sort this out. Only to discover the presets exist for AmpliTube 4 Custom Shop but not 5. Using both (apps) Custom Shop & then Product Manager seems way too complicated. Ikmultimedia really should look at Arturia Software Center and see how easy things can get installed and updated.
The instructions are correct. The Presets tab won't be there until the presets are available. The news (linked and above in my post) states: "We've hooked up with iconic guitar legends Joe Satriani, Gus G, Marty Friedman and Slash to roll out brand-new artist presets for AmpliTube 5 over the coming weeks."

This is also for AmpliTube 5, not AmpliTube 4, as mentioned throughout my post and the news linked from it. And yes, of course you need to be using the latest version of AmpliTube 5 I'm sorry that isn't made obvious enough. I can have it added but it might be overkill.

We will also have some Marty Friedman presets coming. Here's a video he sent us where he uses AmpliTube 5 for the guitar solo:

Last edited:
Anyone else having bother getting the JS presets to appear in AT5 CS? I've got the SLO head and it sounds damn fine. But even after following the instructions the presets will just not show up. I've tried in a sub folder of my presets folder and directly in the root and they're a no show.
MAC btw

Anyone else having bother getting the JS presets to appear in AT5 CS? I've got the SLO head and it sounds damn fine. But even after following the instructions the presets will just not show up. I've tried in a sub folder of my presets folder and directly in the root and they're a no show.
MAC btw
Make sure you aren't filtering gear and presets to show only what you own. There are presets with only free gear (featuring the Soldano) but there are also presets with gear from Joe's collection and other AmpliTube 5 gear.

Here's one of the presets, quick and short take. AmpliTube 5 with Slash presets for all guitars, posted the backing track too.

Track with guitars added by me:

Backing track:

Top Bottom