1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free instruments? How come I never heard about this guy?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by ScarletJerry, Mar 10, 2018.

1. JEPA

JEPA Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Germany
  2. fcangia

fcangia Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Probably yes! This hapsicord is in a study room, everyone can access and play it and it is in good conditions. it was not so ancient.

3. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Senior Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Thanks Flavio. I love free or a bit of a donation instruments and these are very nice!

I agree a free choir would be excellent. They are quite rare. I've messed about with some from CC samples and people seem to really want them.

If you ever want to expand to folks who don't have Kontakt, Maize sampler makes decent stand alone VSTs. It isn't as nice or as easy as Kontakt, but it opens up a whole new set of potential users.

fcangia likes this.
  4. DSmolken

DSmolken Senior Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Well, there's an octobass in Paris and one in Vienna. If you're in Italy, then neither one of those is all that far. And since you have a double bass library that works, I think it might be possible to convince a museum to let you record for a few hours and create something that will get thousands of downloads a year. I don't know - I've never tried to talk to anybody important at a museum. But what's the worst that could happen if you ask?

fcangia and bigcat1969 like this.
  5. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    fcangia likes this.
  6. fcangia

fcangia Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Uhhhmm...thank you for the tips, i will try! What mic to use for an instrument like that? an xy with 2 subkick? ahah

7. fcangia

fcangia Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Great! I will search for it, thank you. I sing in a choir, i will ask to them. I would like to sample it with legato, is there a free script for legato in Kontakt?

bigcat1969 likes this.
  8. fcangia

fcangia Member

Mar 12, 2018
    synthpunk likes this.
  9. kimarnesen

kimarnesen Senior Member

Feb 12, 2014
    What about a free jazz upright bass?

10. OP
    OP
    ScarletJerry

ScarletJerry Senior Member

Feb 16, 2014
    I vote for a hollow body archtop jazz guitar or a bassoon or clarinet.

Scarlet Jerry

fcangia likes this.
  11. creativeforge

creativeforge Barefoot Heart Music

I would like to see a VST effect using a tuned upright piano, taking out the action (as an IR reverb maybe)...

12. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Senior Member

Nov 12, 2013
    You have to mess with them a bit but the late Big Bob wrote some lovely scripts called WIPs which work quite well for simulating legato.

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/big-bobs-wips-scripts.64537/
    https://vi-control.net/community/threads/bobs-legacy.60988/#post-4071757

If you want to know more about them you could post on the Kontakt forum here as Evil Dragon and others really know how all this works and are very helpful and friendly.

I'm not sure if you are recording all the legato transitions how that works as far as scripting that is well out of my realm. I just look at what guys like Paulo do with legato and shake my head in admiration. Again the Kontakt forum might be a good place to ask.

fcangia likes this.
  13. AdamAlake

AdamAlake Music Person

Bassoon, Flute, any woodwinds.

Very nice stuff you have, by the way.

fcangia likes this.
  14. Eptesicus

Eptesicus Senior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    UK
    Can't seem to download any of these. Are you having server issues? They either don't start, or fail half way through.

synthpunk likes this.
  15. Steinmetzify

Steinmetzify Chug and Sludge

Jun 15, 2017
    On a mountain in the woods
    I grabbed the Psaltery yesterday; was used to doing things like this in the background and was doing other things and it kept saying ‘network error’ and stopping. Finally just let it run while watching it and it worked. Maybe give that a shot?

16. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    I cannot seem to get a complete download of the psaltery. Any chance of a alternative download please?

17. OP
    OP
    ScarletJerry

Feb 16, 2014
    Just watch the download. If it stops, quickly hit the resume button. That worked for me.

Scarlet Jerry

18. OP
    OP
    ScarletJerry

Feb 16, 2014
    Flavio,

How about sampling your own voice? Some oohs and ash’s in the style of the American group, The Beach Boys? You have a great voice!

Scarlet Jerry

Rasmus Hartvig and fcangia like this.
  19. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Getting bad gateway error is now in Chrome and SSL certificate errors using a Download Manager. FyI.

20. fcangia

fcangia Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Too many download these days! Thank you! I stayed all day to talk with my hosting provider and I'm thinking to upgrade my plane (that does not support that traffic of data, 300GB only today!) - or my hosting provider :)

I really apologize for that, retry or contact me (xperimentainfo@gmail.com/flaviocangialosi@gmail.com) and i will send you the direct link.